ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seahawks - Packers game - Mon. Sept.24

Default Seahawks - Packers game - Mon. Sept.24

Did you folks see the whopping Seattle gave the Comboys yesterday ?
    Some defensive performance by the Hawks, huh ? - and what more good can one say about Lynch's running prowess !

After that performance, and perhaps a touch foolishly, I talked Keith by PM into accepting a small wager on next Monday's game between the Pack & the Hawks, in Seattle.
    I even sweetened it up by giving Keith 1.5 to 1 odds (my $30. vs. his $20.)
    Of course, he rushed in to accept, that's what good Green Bay fans do, isn't it ? -

Now, I don't mind losing a few bucks if need be, but that doesn't mean I'm deluded enough to entertain any others from wanting to join Keith in betting on the Pack against me, specially at those odds ! LOL
    And I'm sure John Nicholson will have something to say about that.

At any rate, should be a great game - rookie Wilson vs. prolific Rodgers - we'll see.

Default Re: Seahawks - Packers game - Mon. Sept.24

I won't put money on this but the Packers will put a whopping on Seattle and bring them back down to earth as we did with the Bears. ARod is going to explode after playing two of the top defense. Seattle's got a good D but Dallas an't no Packers and Seattle's D an't 49er's D. As a Packer Fan only team I'm worry about is the 49ers. We will see them in the playoff again to get our revenge. It should still be a good game.
    Last edited by Kal-El; 09-17-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Real Name
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by kalelhawj View Post
    I won't put money on this but the Packers will put a whopping on Seattle and bring them back down to earth as we did with the Bears. ARod is going to explode after playing two of the top defense. Seattle's got a good D but Dallas an't no Packers and Seattle's D an't 49er's D. As a Packer Fan only team I'm worry about is the 49ers. We will see them in the playoff again to get our revenge. It should still be a good game.
    Do u put cheese in your beef heart mix?
    Last edited by Wes; 09-17-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by xeriod View Post
    Do u put cheese in your beef heat mix?
    I do that's why they are growing very nice and big...

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

I've always had one rule about betting and the Packers, no matter what the spread, never bet against them. After last night I added a second rule, never pass up 3 to 2 odds.
    President - North American Discus Association

HA HA
    Well Keith, I would go with those odds too, and it was indeed astute of you to accept the wager.

However, as we all know, anything can happen in the NFL, and it generally does (Murphy's law) - and the home field advantage (particularly when you consider the 12th man effect from those rabid Seattle fans) may well make the difference !

Gonna be a good game, no matter what.

Let's not lose focus here - we need to get back to the part about beating the cowboys please.
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by yim11 View Post
    Let's not lose focus here - we need to get back to the part about beating the cowboys please.
    Let's not Jim. I've got Romo and that kicker what's his name on my fantasy team and as you know they did crap for me this week. I so wish I had played RG3 and even Robbie Gould instead, and for me to have wanted to play a Chicago Bear; tisk, tisk, tisk.

Romo vs RG3? Figured that would have been an easy call. LOL
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

I'm gearing up for Monday's game - but of course all the odds-makers, so far anyway, have got the Pack over the Hawks - but not by much - 6 points at best. They are often proven wrong too - lol
    I'm still hanging in for home advantage., and the 12 th man making a difference, which I think it will. And the Hawks D is every bit as good as the 49'ers D, imho.
    It's all up to ARod - if he has a good game - it's lights out for the Hawks - If not....... well, prepare for the upset !

Keith, you'll note I'm not yet asking for your mailing address, so I can direct my payment check !!!!

Real Name
    CozyKeith

The thing to remember about odds is that they're set to get the betting levels at such a point that the bookies make money at the end of the day. The more fans a team has, the higher the odds. The Packers spreads are always high, just because they have so many fans. That said, I HIGHLY doubt the Seahawks D is as good as the 49ers, and the Packers D played way better against the Bears than they did the Niners. If the D plays that well again and the Packers offense finally gels it's going to be a long long night for you, but at least you'll be able to work on expanding your vocabulary and stringing together adjectives in new and creative ways.

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Did you folks see the whopping Seattle gave the Comboys yesterday ?
    Some defensive performance by the Hawks, huh ? - and what more good can one say about Lynch's running prowess !
    My husband was so happy with that game since he is a Hawks fan. Me? I usually root for the other team, whoever they are unless it is Dallas or Oakland. I have lived in the Seattle pretty much my whole life and they cause nothing but disapointment for their fans year after year since they have never won a Super Bowl. Despite all of that, I voted to fund the new stadium to be built (late 1990's I believe) just so I could watch my beloved Denver Broncos once a year when they came to Seattle. So, the Hawks got their new stadium and then switched from AFC to NFC. B@st@rds, they found a way to make me like them even less since they would no longer be in the same division as Denver.
    I picked the name Orange Crush because I am such a big fan of the Broncos http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-orange-crush
    Anyways, GO PACKERS!
    OC
    Visit my homestead....Discus Living with the OC

I am in Seattle, and we are excited about this teams potential...heres to hoping!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Just finished watching Inside Lambeau, now the Mike McCarthy Show is on. Lots of Relishing of the Bears beat down. I almost forgot about our special teams Paul, they could be ripping you up too.

It's going to be a blow out... Packer is due for an offense of breakout.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast