AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exotic Discus - Oak Forest IL

Default Re: Exotic Discus - Oak Forest IL

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Clay View Post
    Gosh....I think Jeff is one of the nicest people I have ever met! I know he would make it right if you had a problem. Just saying~
    +1... very nice guy and always a pleasure to deal with... I have never once had a bad buy or bad experience with him... Anyway, I may have to pay him a visit to get some of those tank mates that he's now selling a long with his discus.

Definitely +1, nice guy to deal with!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalelhawj View Post
    +1... very nice guy and always a pleasure to deal with... I have never once had a bad buy or bad experience with him... Anyway, I may have to pay him a visit to get some of those tank mates that he's now selling a long with his discus.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tapenoon View Post
    You were not there and did not know the situation. I was just stating a fact, regaless if you have seen any with hole in the head or not, 3 of the 6 fish i purchased DO in fact have it. I just think people should be aware of my experience due the the outcome, I went there because of the good reviews on this thread. And i can say that i will not be a return customer.
    Please help me understand something. You bought discus from Jeff without really looking at what you're buying and then instead of contacting him about the issue you just come straight to this forum to bad mouth him? I noticed a few people asked you if you contacted exotic and you never replied back, did you ever contacted Jeff regarding the issue? I’m sorry, the whole thing seem fishy to me. I was there at exotic few weeks ago and all I can say is he's a really nice guy and have really nice discus. I picked up four and they are doing great!

Quote Originally Posted by FORDMAN View Post
    Please help me understand something. You bought discus from Jeff without really looking at what you're buying and then instead of contacting him about the issue you just come straight to this forum to bad mouth him? I noticed a few people asked you if you contacted exotic and you never replied back, did you ever contacted Jeff regarding the issue? I’m sorry, the whole thing seem fishy to me. I was there at exotic few weeks ago and all I can say is he's a really nice guy and have really nice discus. I picked up four and they are doing great!
    To clarify, I never once badmouthed anyone...I just stated that i purchased fish from him and they we're in poor shape(not all but some). When we we're there he had 2 phone calls from customers, he told them just wait outside i should be done in about 5 mins(it was super cold and snowing at the time), which made us feel rushed. The Virgin red that is pictured above was something I called ahead on, there we're no lights on that specific tank when we arrived so I didn't see what I was getting. I never onced stated that Jeff was a bad guy, in fact, I said he was very nice. As far as quality goes, from the fish I've recieved from Chicago Discus, Kenny, or Mike Beals for that matter are of FAR superior quality than anything i've purchased from Exotic. And to answer your question, No I did not contact him and tell him I was dissatisfied, I just opted no to return.
    Mike

Registered Member

On a side note, I picked up a 5 inch Leopard off of Jeff yesterday. I'm very satisfied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greghp90x View Post
    May be someone just want to give a bad review. Personally I would contact the seller and give the seller a chance to make it right before I post the review. I'm planning to give exotic a visit soon and will let everyone know afterward of the quality. So far from what I see in this post it's worth a visit.
    +1.... Exotic is definitely worth a visit. We’ve never had any issues with Jeff and he’s a good guy to deal with. My friend bought some discus from Kenny's and I don't see any difference in quality between my discus and his. He now buys from exotic to save money on shipping.

Registered Member

Bought discus from Jeff and Kenny, both have nice discus!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Frankie

I recently visited Jeff's exotic discus. To be fair, his fish is probably not the most unique strains. he keeps his tanks in the basement of his house. it is eye-opening! all the tanks are neatly stacked and water is crystal clear. he built his own automatic WC system, so as to keep up the water quality for his fish. most of the fish i saw are very healthy. they swim up to the surface of the tank begging for food. thus, if you are looking for a supplier that has great quality stock and decent/most common strains, jeff is your choice. Jeff himself is such a nice guy. one of the pigeon blood I purchased from him was not doing well in my planted tank. I "harassed" him numerous times asking why the PB isn't eating. after a few attempts to help the PB settle down failed, he offered to swap the PB for a new one. I took him up on his offer, and he even upgraded the BP to a checkboard with no additional charge. I will definitely go back to him for more discus in the future. you are not just buying fish. you are also investing in a meaningful mentoring relationship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12