ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update rafflesias spawn haven't eaten eggs yet!

Default Re: Update rafflesias spawn haven't eaten eggs yet!

Quote Originally Posted by AMJ View Post
    I love those super rose reds! I was looking at Kenny's sale group this month and those really caught my eye.
    They are beautiful and great eaters! You should get some! Rufus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an update. The Raffs have continued to take care of the fry. They have moved half of them. I almost missed it. I saw some of the fry were gone and I thought they had started to eat them but when I looked further the fry had been moved to an upper corner of the tank. Next stage will be attachment. We shall see. I don't know when attachment usually happens so if someone can tell me that would be appreciated. Rufus

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Day 5 the fry normally go free swimming. Congrats and continued good luck.
    President - North American Discus Association

Quote Originally Posted by CozyKeith View Post
    Day 5 the fry normally go free swimming. Congrats and continued good luck.
    Thank you Keith! Much appreciated. I'm going out of town for three days back on Thursday so that should be about the time. It is very unexpected but it is my first time and thrilling at the same time. Rufus

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Hopefully you'll return with good news for us. The plus to you leaving for a few days is they'll have plenty of privacy and you won't be able to screw anything up.
    President - North American Discus Association

Keith, you are so right!!!!LMAO!! The whole process has been my benign neglect anyway. Rufus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by CozyKeith View Post
    Hopefully you'll return with good news for us. The plus to you leaving for a few days is they'll have plenty of privacy and you won't be able to screw anything up.
    This is so true
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by Tvd/Tlc View Post
    Any updates???
    Hey Ron, Yes it is exciting. I am away for a biz trip for two and half days so I can't mess it up. I was going to do a water change and decided not to right now so I don't mess anything up and I'm trying to leave the couple alone! They are in the bedroom so there isn't any traffic in there and they seem to be very doting parents at this point. Hey Tvd/Tlc all is a holding pattern. They haven't eaten the wrigglers. The wrigglers are being moved a bit by the parents and all is good so far! Rufus

Registered Members

btw for the third time I have a nice size attached 9 day's since the egg's were laid about 3 day's since they attached now for the second or third time as the mother bang into the cone three time causeing the fry too swim every wear I just figured out my biggest mistake and it was so simple why in the past they had such a hard time attaching it was actually my fault I was staying and watching them with the light on, once the light would be off they would attach and stay attached so I think leaving for the few day's might actually be best also I have started feeding aquabite using bob's method of shooting them into the parent also I notived that each time they attach 99% of them alway's attach too just the female but in my case I feel it's because of the male being a red clover and look's more orange really hopeing either this time or next time around I'm success ful this is the first time they are in a breeder tamk 29 gallon's all the rest of the time they were in a 75 gallon half fulled and a divider as I was never ready the other 3 times and never expected 4 them too get it right from the second time btw again hopeing you have much success

Quote Originally Posted by ronald sherman View Post
    btw for the third time I have a nice size attached 9 day's since the egg's were laid about 3 day's since they attached now for the second or third time as the mother bang into the cone three time causeing the fry too swim every wear I just figured out my biggest mistake and it was so simple why in the past they had such a hard time attaching it was actually my fault I was staying and watching them with the light on, once the light would be off they would attach and stay attached so I think leaving for the few day's might actually be best also I have started feeding aquabite using bob's method of shooting them into the parent also I notived that each time they attach 99% of them alway's attach too just the female but in my case I feel it's because of the male being a red clover and look's more orange really hopeing either this time or next time around I'm success ful this is the first time they are in a breeder tamk 29 gallon's all the rest of the time they were in a 75 gallon half fulled and a divider as I was never ready the other 3 times and never expected 4 them too get it right from the second time btw again hopeing you have much success
    Thanks Ron for all of your experience and advice. I'm leaving tonight and will be home on thursday. If nothing happens that will be okay but I will be putting them in there own tank when I get back unless they have fry attached to them. It will be a 29 as well and then I will just leave them alone in a quiet place in the apartment and let them do their thing. Congrats on your spawn. It has been a fun ride regardless of what happens. Rufus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123