ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: water barrel

Registered Member

Default Re:water barrel

Ping,

you should be able to get airline from your local hardware store for a cheaper price than LFS.

for barrels you can try what April said and look under plastics in the phone book. you can also looking under waste management (liquid).

the company i work for deals with liquid waste and that is where i got my barrels (free). i did rinse them out a lot and then used guppies to test the water to see if it would be safe for my other fish. so far so good! ;D

plastic barrels are so rigid and thick that i gave my scouts a project to build canoes out of them. after a little trial and error we were able to take them down the local river earlier this summer. even crashing them into the rocks we had no leaks.

Here is a good source in the US: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...ookie%5Ftest=1

Also Farm Feed stores have them.

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies. I will for cheap barrel next time .
    Hopefully, i can get free ones.

I needed urgently before, that's why did not think properly with the price. :banghead:

Nice website Jeff. Too bad for me, no Australian Plastic Corp

Regards,
    Ronny

Registered Member

another water storage idea would be to make yourself a wooden box and use pond liner inside. you could probably even get away with cheaper plastic sheets (ask at your hardware store) or tarps.

this coming year's project for my scout group i think is going to be making a home-made hot tub this way. i've already started making the plans for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12