AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I medicate all of the aquarium Inhabitants ?

Registered Member

Default Re: Should I medicate all of the aquarium Inhabitants ?

Quote Originally Posted by WildJon View Post
    i just read that Aquarium salt is a Big No No with Scaleless fish . Which would be my BN pleco and Corys . hmm my only two options would be to Crank my aquarium up to 92f to kill it, or use half dose of Melachite green to see if the fish are okay with it .
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    id go 86 and waterchanges no malachite no salt just waterchanges and heat. on another note ive dosed salt with plecos/corydoras plenty of times with no ill regards.

these are not smooth skin fish like channel catfish. they have plates which are large scales. I have used large salt doses on both with never a problem

Iodine can have bad effects on the bio filter, Iodide on the other have is safe as it is used with African cichlids and salt water fish.
    Last edited by pitdogg2; 03-27-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Default Re: Should I medicate all of the aquarium Inhabitants ?

Jon,
    The one with the spot thats isolated itself looks like the margins of its tail are eroding away..

Could you post some more current pictures? Im in interested in the sick one...but also everyone else. At this point I would not take anyone out. If its a protozoan..they all have it by now.
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>Want a great forum? Participate in it and make one.. it doesnt happen on its own.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12