ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Earth Day!!!

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: Happy Earth Day!!!

it is against the law for commercial sale, yes. I figure this will be a private transaction between citizens.

I figure to find the guy with the sign similar to "Fresh Eggs $x.00 per dozen".. see if he will be willing to sell me a gallon (complete with the cream on top of course).

My mom used to buy raw milk at the grocery store when I was a teenager (graduated high school in June of 1988 and promptly got on a plane in July 1988 for Boot Camp with Uncle Sam's Canoe Club), and I would get yelled at for drinking the cream off the top

I find it funny that raw cow milk is not legal to sell commercially, but I can buy raw goat milk all day long.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dagray View Post
    it is against the law for commercial sale, yes. I figure this will be a private transaction between citizens.

I figure to find the guy with the sign similar to "Fresh Eggs $x.00 per dozen".. see if he will be willing to sell me a gallon (complete with the cream on top of course).

My mom used to buy raw milk at the grocery store when I was a teenager (graduated high school in June of 1988 and promptly got on a plane in July 1988 for Boot Camp with Uncle Sam's Canoe Club), and I would get yelled at for drinking the cream off the top

I find it funny that raw cow milk is not legal to sell commercially, but I can buy raw goat milk all day long.
    Google for raw milk co-ops in your state. I know a lot of people who do this. As long as the cows are cleaned before milking and all sanitary practices are done right, its ok. The problem with large dairies is that they cannot guarantee their equipment is sterile, so they have to pasteurize to prevent things like e. coli. Unfortunately, you lose all of the good bacteria in the process, making the milk much less nutritious.

You do not need to drink milk.

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YSS View Post
    You do not need to drink milk.
    No but what if someone wants too? How about a little freedom......

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Registered Member Northwoods Discus's Avatar

I have seen some really dirty cows on small dairies. Just because an operation is small does not mean its clean or necessarily healthy. TB was the primary reason for pasteurization originally. Unless you drink that milk right away bacteria could build in non pasteurized milk. Large operations can have better measures for keeping the cows clean, testing and health procedures. I have seen pristine small and large operations. I have seen disgusting small and large operations as well.
    Sometimes you sit and think, sometimes you just sit.
    Kenny ring gene leopards, Piwowarski RT and RSG, Big blue cobalt.
    220 display, 150 office tank, fish room.

I Like my milk treated with a little Rennin and aged several month...then coated with wax and aged months longer. Sounds gross I know...but trust me its delicious!
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>Want a great forum? Participate in it and make one.. it doesnt happen on its own.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    I Like my milk treated with a little Rennin and aged several month...then coated with wax and aged months longer. Sounds gross I know...but trust me its delicious!
    Al,
    Mix some Guinness Stout into that mix, make sure the wax is green, put a name like "Dubliner" on it and I am right there with you.

I think raw milk tastes better than pasteurized, and I love that heavy cream on the top. Also with raw milk the fat particles mostly get pushed out of your body where with store bought the particles are so small your body absorbs them as it doesn't recognize them until it is too late.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Registered Member Northwoods Discus's Avatar

If fat gets "pushed" out of your body you are going to have some greasy BMs and your not digesting properly. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have less processed food. It can come with risks, especially if you yourself do not control its quality. Also there are as many nutrition misconceptions with people, dogs etc as there are ideas of what is best to feed discus.
    Sometimes you sit and think, sometimes you just sit.
    Kenny ring gene leopards, Piwowarski RT and RSG, Big blue cobalt.
    220 display, 150 office tank, fish room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12