ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Hi everyone

Default Hi everyone

Critter is a nickname I've used for thirty years with friends so I used it here, I'm currently disabled with m.s. and don't have much use of the left side of my body along with numerous inner body problems, I am using a portion of my retirement pension, giving to me early for life expectancy reasons to create a planted discus aquarium which has always been on my to do list.I have always had aquaria of some sort including a twenty year old goldfish lol, Hope I don't drive you all crazy with questions lol and glad to be here,

Real Name
    Ralph

Default Re: Hi everyone

Welcome again Critter as we already met verbally in your previous thread.
    Ask away when your in need and any one of the many knowledgeable members should be able to steer you in the right direction.
    Have you had Discus in the past? if not I would encourage you to browse in the Discus basics for beginners sticky.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

No discus in the past but had a 33 gallon set up with driftwood and some of the fish associated with discus., this was a planted tank with that tannin look and was a pretty aquarium but the water hardness was of the chart which while the water was hard I believe some of the problem was an old test kit, that aquarium now holds a goldfish which my kids got from a local quarry twenty years ago, again water hardness from well water an issue. Thanks Ralph

Welcome! If there is anything I can help you with, please send me a pm. I'm not a planted tank guy but I'm definitely a discus tank guy. Lol Hope you find the forum useful. There are plenty of folks on here that can help you out.

All the best,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Thanks Eddie , will take you up on that as things get rolling