AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: FluvalSEA LED light for discus

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dhaval

Default FluvalSEA LED light for discus

As the title say, can I use a FluvalSea light in a discus tank, will it help with popping out their color? Also, my tank is lightly planted, I don't add any supplements, just some roottabs every 3 months or so, will this light with 25K spectrum result in crazy algae boom?!?!

here is a link for description: http://www.fluvalaquatics.com/ca/pro.../#.V40V8f4UXIU

thanks,

Dhaval

Registered Member

Default Re: FluvalSEA LED light for discus

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavalsp View Post
    As the title say, can I use a FluvalSea light in a discus tank, will it help with popping out their color? Also, my tank is lightly planted, I don't add any supplements, just some roottabs every 3 months or so, will this light with 25K spectrum result in crazy algae boom?!?!

here is a link for description: http://www.fluvalaquatics.com/ca/pro.../#.V40V8f4UXIU

thanks,

Dhaval
    im curious what the response will be. I just bought a used tank that came with this exact light. I cant answer your question as i dont have discus yet but it sure makes the colors on my neons cardinals and pink danios pop
    Last edited by Bc chick; 07-18-2016 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Correction

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dhaval

any issues with algae ? with discus WC, it should not, but I just wanted to confirm...

I am running a planted + 24/7 in my tank. I recently added a finnex stingray just to show off the fish better. The stingray really makes the fish look great.

My 24/7 changes color throughout the day so the all red, white, blue of the stingray was a nice addition.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavalsp View Post
    any issues with algae ? with discus WC, it should not, but I just wanted to confirm...
    No algae problem.. I have two pleco.. I havent wiped down my glass in over 3yrs. Im NOT saying this is good habit lol but i leave it to the plecos