ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 huge Anubias mother plants---shipping or pick up Gainesville FL

Default Re: 2 huge Anubias mother plants---shipping or pick up Gainesville FL

Yep, they are mine! They have been shipped. I'll admit incoming excellent plants although exciting are not as exciting as incoming excellent Discus but still exciting. I can't wait. One will be a lovely addition to my display tank at my shop. The others will go into the tanks in the fish room.

I have a question about algae on Amazon swords in low wide pots. Mine all have algae on them. Any idea how I might Clorox them without dunking the pot with it's substrate in Clorox solution? Perhaps I could dunk the whole thing in Clorox solution and then into a bucket heavy with declorinator. Perhaps I could spray the foliage with the Clorox solution and give it a good rinse. I know that Amazon swords don't like to be removed from their substrate and replanted. I'm open so suggestion.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Yep, they are mine! They have been shipped. I'll admit incoming excellent plants although exciting are not as exciting as incoming excellent Discus but still exciting. I can't wait. One will be a lovely addition to my display tank at my shop. The others will go into the tanks in the fish room.

I have a question about algae on Amazon swords in low wide pots. Mine all have algae on them. Any idea how I might Clorox them without dunking the pot with it's substrate in Clorox solution? Perhaps I could dunk the whole thing in Clorox solution and then into a bucket heavy with declorinator. Perhaps I could spray the foliage with the Clorox solution and give it a good rinse. I know that Amazon swords don't like to be removed from their substrate and replanted. I'm open so suggestion.
    One way to do it is to use kitchen towel soaked with the solution to rub it.

Thanks
    Mama Bear

My plants arrived this morning. They are stunning. One is about to flower. I couldn't be more happy.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jacklyn

you are lucky liz. lucky I didn't get to this thread before you that is
    ~JACKLYN~

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by wencui View Post
    Get regular household cleaning bleach. Mix the solution as 1 bleach to 20 water. Dip the plants infected by algae into the solution for 1 minute or less depending on how delicate the plants are.

It is super effective for getting rid of Black Beard Algae. You can also use this method to disinfect new plants.
    How do you remove all of the bleach afterwards? This obviously has to all come off before it goes back in the tank

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarktheShark3 View Post
    How do you remove all of the bleach afterwards? This obviously has to all come off before it goes back in the tank
    Just rise the plant in water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12