ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: British Columbia Canada...Vancouver : ))

Red face Re: British Columbia Canada...Vancouver : ))

Hi April:

I am glad you responded...I see that you are the resident disus guru. I would certainly appreciate your input.

I got the fish from King Ed's. I know...in one of the threads you recommended not to purchase there as the specimens may be contaminated...I don't know if it helps, but from time to time I saturate the food i give them (live blood worms as they refuse to eat anything else that does not wiggle) with antibiotics as a prophylactic.

As for their spawn... I am attempting to provide them with a more balanced diet of frozen beef-heart, flakes, and live worms. The fry are voracious eaters!

Cheers:
    Jim

BTW: you mentioned you display your fish @ your salon, where is this located...would love to see.

Default Re: British Columbia Canada...Vancouver : ))

hi there. your welcome to come by and have a look. im near Ubc on Dunbar. if youd like to come by..im me on here and we can arrange a time. im here tuesdays thru saturdays 9-4 .
    Glenn is also in Surrey . hes a member of Simply and..he has a great little fishroom all set up. and..even has fry.
    sounds like your doing well.
    Although..best not to medicate with antibiotics for no reason. they will build up a resistance to them. no sense treating somethin thats not there. if they are spawning then they must be smiling. hence..you must be giving them great care.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123