ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Anyone deal with Universal Discus?

Default Anyone deal with Universal Discus?

Looking for feedback on Universal Discus in San Francisco. Anybody have any good or bad experiences with them?

Rob

Default Re: Anyone deal with Universal Discus?

Rob..I've been in touch with Samson via email and he has moved to Antioch..and I've not dealt with him on a stock order yet but I asked essentially the same quation a while back and heard nothing bad about him or his fish..in fact he is very good on answering emails and stuff..he sent me a printed price list and brochure via snailmail when I asked him for one..if you do order from him would you PM me and let me know?...Thanks
    Jarrod
    Discus an ADDICTION but at least a legal one with no KNOWN cure! 2 -55 gal 1 -29 gal 1-25 gal 6 Sunshines,2 Candy Apple Reds,4 Scribbled Reds,4 White Diamonds

Jerrod,

I see your thread now. When will I learn to search before I post? Ah well. The site photos look great and he certainly has a large selection, but I was hoping for some feedback on his shipping. Its a long way to Michigan and I think I may have to stick with breeders on this side of the Rockies. I suppose I could wait for Spring, but darn it, I have my 90-gal. all cycled and I want some discus!

Rob

Rob..
    Like I said...he does have some very good looking fish..Hopefully someone that has ordered from him can tell you more. Only good thing I can see about shipping right now is hopefully the weather will warm up a bit before spring... I'm like you in that respect..I got the tanks set up and would love to have them full..but as for me I think I'm just gonna hold off for another week or 2 before I order anything else and have it shipped just to give the emps to stabilize and come up a hair. JMO is all..hth
    Jarrod
    Discus an ADDICTION but at least a legal one with no KNOWN cure! 2 -55 gal 1 -29 gal 1-25 gal 6 Sunshines,2 Candy Apple Reds,4 Scribbled Reds,4 White Diamonds

I have work with Samson and he's a great guy and will keep you very well informed of your order. I have a bunch of his Grade A Angel Blue Diamonds growing out right now from him. His prices may be a little high for most people but he does send you nice stock which you will be able to use for future breeders.

Registered Member

Jarrod,
    You should talk to some of the BAD people they had their meeting last
    year at Samson's.

Cliff

Question Re: Anyone deal with Universal Discus?

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus
    Jarrod,
    You should talk to some of the BAD people they had their meeting last
    year at Samson's.

Cliff
    Cliff...does BAD have a website I coulf take a look at?..I'd like to know more about Samson and stuff...anyone I could get in touch with via email or anything? Thanks Cliff
    Jarrod

Jarrod,

You can read about the BAD meeting and see some pictures that were taken at Sampson's here:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showt...t=44061&page=2

Ryan, thanks for the link to that thread!..was interesting to say the least..too bad I'm not closer to the area there would be great to get involved with an organization like that.
    Jarrod