ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discus Bay Area California!

Default Re: Discus Bay Area California!

Hi BAD folks,

I had a chance to make the last BAD meeting and it was great to meet some local people, including Paul (Mr. Limpet). I'd like to thank Cliff, Bridgette, and David Hui for putting these together. I was hoping you three might inmpose on Kenny (loverboy) for a tour of his hatchery as part of a future meeting. It seems we have a bunch of fledgling breeders (including myself) in NorCal with more than a handful of Master breeders in the area. I am in need sometimes of mentoring and advice as it seems others in the area. I'm sitting on my first free swimmers now and have 2 more potential pairs/young ones laying eggs coming up. I am also interested in networking who is breeding what varieties as I will be looking to buy /trade fish to complement my grow outs as they reach maturity.

Steve

ps - Paul was right, you can breed in EBMUD

Real Name
    Mike

Very Cool, cant wait. Cliff should be coming out with some info with dates and times pretty soon I hope.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Steve - I'll have some NY steak ready lol when you & others come over. It'll be my pleasure meeting other discus enthusiasts that's for sure. I'm looking forward to the BAD meeting when I return from my short trip.

Take care all.

Kenny

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by II j L c II
    Love to find some nice places to buy high quality discus.

My current supplier is Sunrise Tropicals, but I'd love to check out any garage setups if there are some.

Jon
    Have you been to fairy lake in San Francisco, it's almost like a garage set up i think the guy lives in the back of his shop.
    Saul

Registered Member

How far is Sacramento from the "Bay Area" and are there any breeders in the Sacramento area ? I might be in the area the week of 3/20.

Thanks

Sac is about 2 hours away from the bay area. I'm not sure if there are breeders in sac but there are plenty in the bay.

Jon

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sault
    Have you been to fairy lake in San Francisco, it's almost like a garage set up i think the guy lives in the back of his shop.
    Hi Saul - the guy you said living in the back of his shop is Herman Chan - he's considered a master discus breeder by many. Don't be deceived by the "garage setup" look as Herman has accomplished a lot over the years regarding raising/breeding discus. He'll be retiring soon though...

Take care

Kenny
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=45944

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Stillwater Aquatics's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jonathan Novembri

hehe yeah may look like a garage setup, but he's done well for himself in the last 40 years of breeding discus =) herman has been my mentor and I will be sad to see him give it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12