ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My trip to the LFS, LOADS of pictures!

Default Re: My trip to the LFS, LOADS of pictures!

Hans,
    I am not petty and I am not out to get you. The fact is you sent stunted less than decent quality fish to my lfs. Its obvious by the pictures. The lfs managers that ordered from you are probably going by the discus that they have gotten in previously from Florida for comparison which I can honestly tell you, were not that great either, but you are *Discus Hans* you have a reputation for quality discus. The discus market is already in trouble and selling less than decent quality discus to an lfs is not helping it.
    You have STILL not answered the question. You are avoiding the issue. It was plain even to my husband, who is into cars not fish, that the fish they recieved from you are very poor. They cannot even be considered decent quality, even if they were not sick right now.
    Is this your policy? To send less than decent quality fish to an lfs? Because I have heard many people say they ordered fish from you that were of great quality. And the 4 that I have from Azalea Aquariums are quite decent.. but maybe I just got lucky?
    You are saying quite a lot to a lot of people by avoiding this question. I do not need to speak to anyone who has recieved discus from you because I can see for myself what you sent and how poor they are. I understand that you were sending these fish to an LFS so they are not going to be show quality, but these fish are culls.
    Amber
    Amber
    Proud single working mother of three.

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne1
    Amber, I didn't realy feel the need to answer that because it was all ready answered in an earlier post:

Hans.

It was? umm....no I don't think so Hans ~ you posted typed words from some unknown person ~ no real email?

What is that saying Hans? A picture speaks a thousand words? Look at the picture Hans...put on your glasses ~ Hell I did ~Amber was THERE, Sir ~ helloooooooo? Culls do not turn into culls ~

Come on now ~ stop inviting everyone to see what you have and explain what you did ~

Marie ~

Okay everyone,
    This is going nowhere fast...Hans has given his side, others have commented on the fish from a quality and ethics point of view....I think its time to let this go before it gets out of line..

I don't want to lock this thread, but will if I need to. I'd rather just see it fade off into oblivion though. I am asking all parties to drop it, whatever points were to be made have been., and I think theres some lessons here for all to take home if not in specific matters, but at least in general do's and don'ts in this day and age of discus keeping, buying and selling.

thanks,
    al

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

You are right of course, Al ~ this is just beating a dead horse~kinda forgot where I was for a while~

I am done ~

M~

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15
    Okay everyone,
    This is going nowhere fast...Hans has given his side, others have commented on the fish from a quality and ethics point of view....I think its time to let this go before it gets out of line..

I don't want to lock this thread, but will if I need to. I'd rather just see it fade off into oblivion though. I am asking all parties to drop it, whatever points were to be made have been., and I think theres some lessons here for all to take home if not in specific matters, but at least in general do's and don'ts in this day and age of discus keeping, buying and selling.

thanks,
    al
    Well I have a reply to that Hans.. but .. I will obey and let it be because I like Al and I like Simply. However Hans.. I will be in Maryland the first week of June. Is my invite serious or do you think that I am all talk and no action?
    Amber
    Amber
    Proud single working mother of three.

Registered Member

Just thought I'd add my .02 cents........disclamer .....'I've never owned any of Hans fish' and I'm no *** kisser

I'm sure there are quite a few people here that have no use for Hans..... But I for one have seen some of the nicest discus in my LFS that have come from Hans.... B+ and maybe even a little better......

What I see in those pics are some less than healthy discus..... yes....

It's hard to say by the condition and size of those fish how many are culls.... they're may be a few.....

Hans has a Great Reputation for Quality Discus... with that said ...... The volume of fish that he sells..... there's going to be 1 or 2 that's going to slip through the cracks...... btw.....It can be very difficult to judge the quality of young 'blue type' discus from a photo ...... even healthy 'blue type' fish don't photograph well and sick fish photograph even worse.

Beth S

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by hexed
    Mike,
    You lost me in this thread? I now have no clue what your talking about LOL. When did you buy from an unproven source?
    It only takes one discus to start a chain reaction. It does not matter where you get them from, any discus can get sick. That is why we always say QT everything. You can purchase from the top breeder or the best of the best and still get sick discus. A LFS unfortunately does not have the oppertunity to go and pick out discus like some people. There are laws in each state that they have to follow. For instance, my aquarium cannot use me as a supplier for discus unless I have a license to sell my discus. Therefore they have to get them through a supplier, which happens to be in Florida. Chris (the owner) does not fly to Florida to hand pick his order. He orders from pictures the supplier sends him. Sometimes he gets in really really nice ones and sometimes he gets in poopoo ones. His discus tanks are each seperated with sponge filter for each. If a discus is sick, he to puts a note saying they are. I told him about discus and that they need to be fed 4-6 times a day. Not every LFS sells sick and stunted discus, he does get in nicely rounded ones but unfortunately they are all full colored at a too small size, that is what I do not like but without the color no one will buy them
    Do you remember the story of the ugly duckling? I know one person who bought all his discus from a LFS and when I saw them I wanted some of them in my tanks With the proper care even the ugly ones can be a beautiful swans!
    Frank
    If you think buying discus from this source (LFS) is the same as purchasing from well-known / trusted source, whatever! Do what you want. I just think that most of you would not purchase the nicer ones in the tank next to these. Yes, you could find decent LFS discus, your chances are just better from reputable breeder.

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_S
    LMAO!! TOO LATE!!
    Big surprise coming from you and look who's talking!

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit

Ouch! A double ouch actually, Mikey! ********!
    Pull em up Mike!

Marie ~
    *** for Tat, who cares, someone needs to grow up and get a real life.

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit

...or pm Ryan like he suggested~

Marie ~
    Since when did his opinion become gospel. Its just one side of one opinion, dont care.

I tried.

I swear its almost like some threads are destined to get locked...
    oh well.. Move along folks...This thread is closed.

-al

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567