AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wiping down glass

Default Re: wiping down glass

I bought a 10 pack of cheap white cotton washcloths. They are great! Clean a large section at once and then I can bleach them. Dry, they are good to get the water drips off the outside glass too.

Dunno if I can say this here... but I always end up taking a bath in the tank when I clean glass as my tank is 24". So, I close all the blinds, strip down and CLEAN.

Worked great too, until one day I realized that I needed to draw the shades behind my TV too, since that window was on the cartpath to the golf course. I live on the tee to the 9th hole. Got kinda backed up that day!!!
    Marilyn

LMAO Marilyn!!!!!!

Amber
    Amber
    Proud single working mother of three.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberC
    Crazy thing to be allergic to!

Amber
    many people (quite a high % actually) are allergic to bloodworms

Registered Member

Talking Re: wiping down glass

LOL, Marilyn, I bet the back nine was pretty tough to finish that day.
    Timbo, where in the world did you find that statistic? I can't seem to remember my doctor ever asking if I was allergic to Bloodworms,,,medications-yes,,,Bloodworms-no.
    Sometimes this Forum really starts the day off right for me,,big smiles
    Dan

Registered Member

My main discus tank is 30" tall, and I always first wash my arm, (in case there might be deoderant or lotion.) I recently stained/poly'd some wood outside on the porch, and had to get the poly drips off my arm with some paint thinner,... and i didn't dunk my arm in the tank for at least 3 days until I was sure I had every bit of that stuff off my skin.....multiple showers, paint thinner, scrubbing, etc. I can't reach the bottom, so the long-handled scrub brush and the long tube Python have been it so far, but there are times where I just don't want to dunk my arm deep into a fish tank.....

Blue towels!!!! "shop towels" You can get them from Sam's or an auto store...they are VERY sturdy & can be rinsed & re-used. I lov'm, always had'm in the barn, now they are a staple in the fishroom!! I also have those long handled scrubbers, easy to use, JMO, Dottie

Hey Dottie, I just recently stumbled upon those blue clothes. Some are dark yellow from Home Depot. They work well for me, too.

I still use the Bounty and Viva paper towels, occasionally.

*Angie*

I use the small sponges that are used in aquaclear filters for cleaning the inside of the tank, they work great for me,especially in and around corners, I usually wind up replacing them every so often becuse they seem to deterorate after some time, I always rinse my hands as well before putting them into the tank, because i'm an avid smoker, i don't want my fish feel the affects in any way.

Registered Member

I do the same as Dottie, I especially like using the long handled brush thingie. Because even my bb tanks have high light (they used to be planted) I also use those green 3M scrubbers so I can remove algae at the same time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12