ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Talk about scary!

Unhappy Talk about scary!

I was getting Crista something to eat and as I was standing there she started to choke!!!! She had this piece of fake bacon (goes with her fake kitchen stuff) and its long and flat, she curled it and stuck the whole thing in her mouth. It got pushed back to the back of her throat and was choking her. The only way I could get that out was to stick my finger back there and scrape it off the back of her throat! I KNOW how to do the hemlick (even if I cant spell it lol) on children.. I know CPR.. I took a class. (Probably should take a refresher.. but I do know) but there was no way that would get this out of her throat as it was pushed flat against the back of her throat with the two ends sticking into the sides of her mouth.

Freaking scared the life out of both of us! I almost cried! But I did not want her to be more upset so I held it back.

I didn't know she had stuck this in her mouth. She must have stuck it in there right before I turned to ask her a question and it all happened so fast after that.

Amber
    Amber
    Proud single working mother of three.

Default Re: Talk about scary!

Quote Originally Posted by AmberC
    I was getting Crista something to eat and as I was standing there she started to choke!!!! She had this piece of fake bacon (goes with her fake kitchen stuff) and its long and flat, she curled it and stuck the whole thing in her mouth. It got pushed back to the back of her throat and was choking her. The only way I could get that out was to stick my finger back there and scrape it off the back of her throat! I KNOW how to do the hemlick (even if I cant spell it lol) on children.. I know CPR.. I took a class. (Probably should take a refresher.. but I do know) but there was no way that would get this out of her throat as it was pushed flat against the back of her throat with the two ends sticking into the sides of her mouth.

Freaking scared the life out of both of us! I almost cried! But I did not want her to be more upset so I held it back.

I didn't know she had stuck this in her mouth. She must have stuck it in there right before I turned to ask her a question and it all happened so fast after that.

Amber
    Oh Amber. Thank goodness you were able to get it out of her throat. Poor kid, poor you. Boy, take your eyes off them for a 1/2 second... they are so fast. Try to relax now and have a better day...

Connie

Quote Originally Posted by poconogal
    Try to relax now and have a better day...

Connie
    lol.. well now I have to take two kids and a dog to the vets office to spend 200 dollars for Tasha's annual check up Thank goodness she has always been a healthy dog!

Amber
    Amber

That was a near disaster Amber glad you were able to remove the object, poor Christa, poor you!!

On a lighter note, try feeding her some real bacon, and she wont have to try the plastic stuff

Sorry, I do not have children yet, and maybe that suggestion is completely wrong for her age

Steve

Good going girl! You kept your head and got the prob taken care of! Mommies are Tuff Girls!
    Debbie G.
    planted 150 gal Discus, planted 10 gal cherry shrimp tank, 29 gal. rasbora and danio tank, 29 gal Praecox rainbow planted tank and an empty 29.Hmmmm!

LOL Steve! She had been pretending that she was a puppy and eating her play food.

Thanks Debbie.. I tell ya.. I was ready to loose it lol Its a good thing I reacted before I thought!

Amber
    Amber

Registered Member

Babies are vulnerable to choking. Babies have an irresistable instinct to stuff any and all available objects into their mouths. I wish someone would explain to me why natural selection hasn't taken care of this problem by now.

Glad everything came out all right.

Jerry