ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: First day of school today

Unhappy First day of school today

Packed off my kids for their first day of school. This is the first time either has attended these schools. Dropped off my son for his first day of high school *gasp*

My daughter's first day at a public elementary and first time on a school bus

(school's on campus before and after care has a waiting list a mile long so I have to drive her farther away to a baby sitter's house so she can spend about 45 minutes on a bus to a school only 2 blocks from me! ) Made sure she got on the bus OK and then followed to make sure she got off OK.

I think this first day is rougher on the mommy's than the kids. (though my son wasn't looking forward to school this morning and having to wake up early

9 more months of school and homework to go.

Tina

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default Re: First day of school today

Yeppers! Dontcha love it Tina??

Awww School starts Sept 6th around here I believe. I cant wait for Crista to start back up!

Amber
    Amber
    Proud single working mother of three.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit
    Yeppers! Dontcha love it Tina??

My daughter just loved going to a school that doesn't have a school uniform, I swear I thought she'd break out in hives she hated wearing navy and white for 9 months so much! She's even avoiding the uniform sections in the stores! LOL.

Nothing like sending a kid to high school to make you feel old though . Here I thought it would only be when I sent them to Kindergarten.

Tina

i dont miss that...i hated that part of motherhood the most. waking kids up to go to school..and the notices..and permission slips..etc etc. i preferred my kids home from school. glad thats over..my kids are 10 and 21.
    school starting in august..is wierd also..its still summer holidays...school here starts after labour day weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    i dont miss that...i hated that part of motherhood the most. waking kids up to go to school..and the notices..and permission slips..etc etc. i preferred my kids home from school. glad thats over..my kids are 10 and 21.
    school starting in august..is wierd also..its still summer holidays...school here starts after labour day weekend.

OH yeah forgot that, had a big stack of papers that HAD to be signed and returned by today and an emergency trip to Target to get things my son needed by today (only got the list on the first day of school). Yesterday I stayed off work to coordinate everything and I didn't get my lunch until 2:30! I didn't get to eat it until after 3 because I needed to go back and pick up my son!

I miss school starting after Labor Day. They used to go to a school that did that .

Tina