ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: DISCUS BREEDER - MIDDLE TENNESSEE

Registered Member DaydreamDiscus's Avatar

Default DISCUS BREEDER - MIDDLE TENNESSEE

Hey, getting back into the hobby since starting college. I am currently at Middle Tennessee State University. 30 mins from Nashville.

I remember back a few years ago, I knew of a couple breeders in Tennessee but I lost all contacts and don't even know if they are still in the hobby. One was located in Waverly, one in Hopkinsville, KY, and one in Sevierville. Anyone know any of these people?

I am looking for 7-8 subadults or adults. Any strain.

Anyone know of any current breeders in this area? or in Tennessee even?

Registered Member MusicCitySteve's Avatar

Default Re: DISCUS BREEDER - MIDDLE TENNESSEE

JCF2Q,

I have just started breeding in Brentwood, not too far from you. I have Gold Melons growing and Spotted Leopards laying right now.

I do not know of anyone else breeding here. The Aquatic Critter on Nolensville Road is a Discus Hans dealer.

Steve

Hey Steve, which Brentwood are you in? One is on Rt 65 near Nashville, is that it? Everytime I look up a town/city in Tn there often are 2 & even 3 with the same name, lol....when looking for a barn mfg, there were 3 places with same name.....C'est la vie, Dottie

Registered Member MusicCitySteve's Avatar

Hi Dottie,

I am in the Brentwood that is off I-65 just south of Nashville.

I would not call myself a real breeder yet but I am heading in that direction. I currently have about 50 fish (not counting babies).

I am raising Gold Melon fry and my Spotted Leopards spawned last night. I have 3 other pairs working and everything is going well. I am growing out some maze leopards and have adult Cloud Leopards on the way. My other adults include Blue Diamonds, Silver Pigeons, Blue Pigeons, Red Turks, and Blue Snakes.

Didn't you move to TN recently? I think I remember reading some of your posts.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MusicCitySteve
    Hi Dottie,

I am in the Brentwood that is off I-65 just south of Nashville.

I would not call myself a real breeder yet but I am heading in that direction. I currently have about 50 fish (not counting babies).

I am raising Gold Melon fry and my Spotted Leopards spawned last night. I have 3 other pairs working and everything is going well. I am growing out some maze leopards and have adult Cloud Leopards on the way. My other adults include Blue Diamonds, Silver Pigeons, Blue Pigeons, Red Turks, and Blue Snakes.

Didn't you move to TN recently? I think I remember reading some of your posts.

Steve
    Yo Steve!! glad it's that Brentwood, just passed by on I-65 last week when I returned from a heavy load trip in trailer....haven't moved yet, am working at bringing barn & fish things down in a 14' box trailer...amazing what you can get into these...maybe one of these days I can stop by & introduce myself & exchange discus stories...still have to get the new barn finished & the fencing up on at least 1 pasture...telephone co. is interfering with that one, lol, Dottie Sounds like you've got some neat fish!!

Registered Member

Steve

I will have to remember you when I get to buy more Discus.
    I'm in Memphis it would be worth the drive to get nice fish.

Chris

Registered Member DaydreamDiscus's Avatar

Hey guys! Glad to find so many more fellow aquarists in the area..

I just got back from visiting Aquatic Critter, I was very impressed. All their fish look healthy compared to most LFS. They had two 75gal. (?) discus tanks with just some pigeons and red melons, one or two turks. A bit overpriced I must say on the fish, but had fun looking at all the display tanks.

Registered Member

Hey guys I'm in Memphis and just took down a 45 hex and just found this place and now am considering doing Discus in it. I was going to sell it but have always wanted Discus. I have a 125 gallon reef tank. Anyone selling Discus near me?

Jerry

Registered Member

Hey guys anyone in or near Memphis? I hope to set up a 75 gallon soon and want to get into Discus. Shoot me an email if you will have anything available in the next couple of months. I use RO/DI water for my 125 gallon reef and will use the same for the Discus.

jfoster1@midsouth.rr.com

Jerry