AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: African featherfin catfish

Default African featherfin catfish

Hey I seen these fish at Petsfart and I was wondering if anyone had them? or has had them in a tank with discus. I did the search and there was nothing. So hope to hear from everyone.

Registered Member Tropical Haven's Avatar

Default Re: African featherfin catfish

Quote Originally Posted by architect1 View Post
    Petsfart
    Boy that name is too funny!
    Scott

Synodontis eupterus is a shy peaceful catfish unless you're small enough to fit in his mouth! I guess its ok with discus, but I sincerely doubt the temp will do it good ling term. Once fully grown the dorasla fin becomes very impressive! Synodontis eupterus, Synodontis angelicus and synodontis multipuntatus are pretty much the only african catfish I like!

http://planetcatfish.com/cotm/cotm.php?article_id=50
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by swinefka View Post
    Boy that name is too funny!
    Hahahah I was hoppen for a laugh. I would like to appoligize for some of the words. I got names for anything you name it I got it. Like Futurecrap, Bestcrap, and some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed13 View Post
    Synodontis eupterus is a shy peaceful catfish unless you're small enough to fit in his mouth! I guess its ok with discus, but I sincerely doubt the temp will do it good ling term. Once fully grown the dorasla fin becomes very impressive! Synodontis eupterus, Synodontis angelicus and synodontis multipuntatus are pretty much the only african catfish I like!

http://planetcatfish.com/cotm/cotm.php?article_id=50
    Thank you for the response it was good to hear that some one has had or seen them. I wasn't sure if they where what they said they where. SO I did a serch and looks a bit it would be vary cool to have them in there with discus. I'd like to get some more pics or Info if anyone has it.

I also looked at the temp and I think they would be ok if slowly introduced to the tank. I like how there not aggressive but with rams in my tank I don't know I guess the only way to find out is to put them in.

Thank you again for responding.

I have some large Synos with my S.A chiclids but not with discus. These become quite agressive during feeding and don't leave much for the chiclids. So I would have some concerns about keeping them with discus. IMO discus are very special fish and deserve a tank of their own.
    Joe

Yeah I hear you on feeding wize. SO I guess they would have to be babies and raised with the adult discus and then see if that helps if not maybe put them in a tank of there own. Thank your for your thoughts.