ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discus auction

Default Re:Discus auction

Al, do you want me to look for some really basic auction software? Or do you think the posting will work? Maybe we need to set up a special board within the forum for auctions? Also, we'll have to specify an end date/time and lock the thread when we're finished. Those last-minute bidders whose clocks are slightly off may get mad if we lock before they place their bid? Hmmmm... hehehe.. I know, I think too much. We'll iron it all out.

Hey, is anyone interested in angel fry? I don't have discus to auction but I may have some angels real soon.

Ryan

Registered Member

WAIT!!!

I have to get another tank first!
    I'll be right back!

AL, I could throw some R/O stuff, TDS meters, prefilters, etc your way on the donation tip. If you don't want to stick to Fish. A little cheaper to ship too. ;D

RandalB

Registered Member

Bring it on, who couldn't use more fish
    Al M.
    P.S. the sooner the better.

Registered Member

Hey Brew

I think its a great idea though I dont think it is anything that can be sustained.

There are probably way to many people with way to many fish vs people needing fish. IMO if you try to run this everyday your going to run into problems. Would it work out to hold the auction once a month or every other month. That way you give buyers time to get fish in and out of qt and sellers time to advertise (say a sticky post a week or two before the auction starts.

I would also think that given a little time you should be able to use one of the canned auction scripts to run this as well.

Hi all,
    thanks for The feedback!

Ryan- maybe we should look into auction software? Another something for us to IM back and forth on I guess. In the mean while lets try this with just posts.

I don't see any reason to limit it to fish. Anything that people want to donate to an auction should be fine. We may even have some really nice informational Discus CD's that were generously given to us by a member as prizes. Carol could you email and check if we can put them for auction?

I think we could schedule these things as fish and supplies are donated. The last thing I want is a minature aquabid. Simple is better!

If are going to donate something. Let me know what it is, where you think you can ship to , and roughly what you think its worth. A picture would be great as well.

I need to see if I can drum up some equipment donations from various manufacturers and Suppliers, but I have a few additional items That may be of auction interest. If anyone has any good contacts and wants to mention this auction to them, it may generate them so good advertizing.

At this point I can only ship to the USA by FedX. I have done it several times and so far had no probelms with either fry or adults.

-al

Registered Member

what happens if we are running out of donations, I mean not enough people to donate........can the someone sell something and donate half of it or just a portion of it to the BOARD ? just IMO.

Hi shootingstar,

can the someone sell something and donate half of it or just a portion of it to the BOARD ? just IMO.

see this link...
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...;threadid=3427

thanks,
    al

as for running out of things to auction... shouldn't be a problem. I know at least one source with asurplus of wildsX dom crosses, and I'm real good at begging breeders/suppliers for help.... I think we will have more enough things to auction, to keep it fun, but not get crazy. I have it from a very reliable source that Ryan is already looking into auction software!

AL.
    Let me know where and when you want me to send some stuff. I can't afford to send cash donations but I can sure send some nice R/O equipment your way. ;D

RandalB

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

I'll e-mail Karl tonight. I doubt he will object. This is a really neat VCD of Wayne's Discus with English subtitles.
    Carol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12