AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Limnophila aquatica

Default Limnophila aquatica

Hi,
    Does anybody know where i can get this plant? (Limnophila aquatica) I ordered it twice from Aquaspot World and they were falling appart when they came.If anobody has it or knows where to get it please let me know.I used to have it years ago and it is beautifull plant.I just can't find any seller here in US who has it.If anybody knows,please let me know.Thanks

Brano

Default Re: Limnophila aquatica

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by bastalker View Post
    Thanks.I'm already trying.Thank you.

Brano

Some Limnophila spp. made it to the Federal Noxious Weeds List. I know Limnophila sessiflora did. Too bad because it is a pretty species. Hard to figure; it used to be THE 'Ambulia.'
    I have only received L. indica from plant nurseries and this species usually does well if given enough light. I just ordered L. aromatica for the first time but whether I can provide it with enough light remains to be seen.

I would also like a start of L. aquatica but I have only received it in such bad condition I could not salvage it. It will probably only remain in the hobby by way of hobbyist exchanges. Someone has to care enough to sell/trade healthy starts.(Even if technically illegal)
    Hygrophila polysperma also made it to the Noxious Weeds list so it's continuation in the US hobby is dependent on hobbyist to hobbyist transfers. The aquatic weed underground as it were. Seems after almost a century in the hobby that it is a bit late to ban H. polysperma Interstate sales. I find it a bit late to restrict it if it is true that it has become naturalized in several warm States.
    Good luck finding a start of L.aquatica; such a beautiful plant.
    Larry Waybright