AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pimples (bug) keeps coming back.

Default Re: Pimples (bug) keeps coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by joe l View Post
    Attachment 41774Heres a picture of the gill filliments.She is currently in the hex tank.When I just gave her a 2% non idolized salt bath I had to pull after 10 minutes.Started pointing head towards the bottom and doulble pumping the gills.
    Yup, can see the filaments. Did you try a med for flukes? I read that you used PraziPro. I have given up on PraziPro because it does not seem very effective anymore. I am now using Anti-fluke Life Bearer with excellent results.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Banned

Eddie you need glasses or I need a new computer...there are no gill filaments there...maybe a blurred gill plate secondary membrane but here is no gill lamellae in that pic.

G

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Eddie you need glasses or I need a new computer...there are no gill filaments there...maybe a blurred gill plate secondary membrane but here is no gill lamellae in that pic.

G
    It is blury but it looks extended. Actually, no offense Joe but the fish seems to have a shortened gill plate and the filaments protrude past the plate.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Had the fish for 18 months and has mild cronic condition but never this bad.I did 2- 70% and took the P pro out after one day.Just used salt baths prepping for hex treatment in hosital for 3 days.

Looking positive after one treatment.3 non-eaters on a 24 hour cycle the in the hex tank had their noses pointed looking for food when the lights came on after 1st treatment but did not eat when I put some food in..The one female
    was getting chased badly by the male so she went back to the home tank,no meds in there.THe one has been eyeing the food all day I`m sure he willl be eating tommorow.

Banned

A secondary membrane is not gill filaments....gill lammallae cells may swell a bit ot added additional cells in extremem cases but the gills don't hang out from under the operculm

Registered Member

Sorry guys ,membrane is the term I should have used I think.I was looking at the sticky Possible causes of breathing problems

#9.Bacterial or Fungal gill diseases.Are the gill filaments hanging out from behind the gill plates?Do they have whites strands or cottony growth on them?
    Last edited by joe l; 03-06-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    A secondary membrane is not gill filaments....gill lammallae cells may swell a bit ot added additional cells in extremem cases but the gills don't hang out from under the operculm
    Sorry Graham...membrane.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

hex 003 (Large).jpgI see one of the two fish in the metro tank is pooping out clear yellow-white mucus,this was floating around,2 inches long.
    Last edited by joe l; 03-07-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Registered Member

All the fish are back eating.Used metro and salt,the gills were not looking so good.The one who did not eat for 12 days and only wanted to eat brine shirmp for the last month is know eating everything.Her gills still can get puffy after she eats but is getting better every day.

Quote Originally Posted by joe l View Post
    All the fish are back eating.Used metro and salt,the gills were not looking so good.The one who did not eat for 12 days and only wanted to eat brine shirmp for the last month is know eating everything.Her gills still can get puffy after she eats but is getting better every day.
    Sounds good, great to hear about positive affects after treatment.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234