ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Cost of FDBW vs other food

Default Cost of FDBW vs other food

Has anyone done a comparison of the cost of Mal's worms to other foods. Personally I don' t care if they are more expensive or not but others have asked me. In particular frozen blood worms. I tried to do a coparison of the cost of live vs freeze dried and at the 8 to 1 (live to make fd) ratio that Mals gives it seems to me the price is very similar, especially when you figure in the cost of next day shipping on the live. Same would be true of the frozen, you would have to figure in the cost of next day shipping.

These have become my primary food for my discus and a big supplement for my angels and GBR's, but still interested in a cost comparison. I think if I stopped feeding the FDBW's my fish would go on strike, lol!!

Default Re: Cost of FDBW vs other food

bump

Default Re: Cost of FDBW vs other food

They are alot cheaper than the LIVE version I can get locally so its worth it for me - I get over a months worth of dried for about what a week and a half (maybe 2) of live - but thats because my lfs charges a bit high for em.
    Tom
    ----------------------
    75 DT (couple angels and some loaches for now); 30 Gal Peacock Mantis/Reef Habitat;