ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Just placed my order!

Registered Member

Default Just placed my order!

After reading all the great reviews I decided to place an order. I got the larger sized bin of loose FDBWs.

My 3.5" discus have been reluctantly taking tetra color bits as I'm trying to wean them off of FBWs.

I'm really excited to see how they will respond to this food!

Yasmin

PS - Thanks for the speedy communication and order processing Mal!

Registered Member

Default Re: Just placed my order!

You're gonna like them, I guarantee! You might want to soak them for a few minutes in some tank water so they will rehydrate and begin to sink when you put them in the tank--otherwise they float around for a while and the discus seem to miss them...after the first couple feeds, when they get the idea, they will chase them down where ever they are! LOL
    Best regards,
    Harriett

My growouts eat them right from the surface. The adults won't, they have to have them midwater or they don't notice them.

Kacey

Registered Member

Are they the right size to place in a cone feeder???

That would be neat!

Yasmin

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

Im thinkin about picking some up too. I think I would get the cubes. can the cubes just be stuck to the glass? I have seen this. they stick well??
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cooldadddyfunk286 View Post
    Im thinkin about picking some up too. I think I would get the cubes. can the cubes just be stuck to the glass? I have seen this. they stick well??
    I use the cubes and loose. Yes they will stick to the glass but my adult discus will quickly pull chunks off at a time. Because the cube was smushed and the worms are now wet they tend to slowly float in the water which is just as good as having them stuck to the glass. Maybe better since it spreads them out.

All my discus, juvies and adults, now come to the top to feed on the loose.

I tried to order some from Mal today but appears I had the Paypal error others have been talking about. The transaction appeared to go as any other Paypal transaction I ever done accept no money was transferred out of the account. I then received a follow up email from Mals site asking me to send a check or money order.

How is everyone sending money successfully for these payments?

I contacted Mal this morning but so far have not had any response.

Thanks for any assistance.

Just made my first order a couple of days ago. Paypal seemed to work fine. Was pretty impressed with the content analysis, looks like they will be a good source of protein for my grow-outs allowing me to ease up a bit on the b/h which in turn will mean less time spent on maintaining water quality. Yippee!

Yas, I feed my Australian Blackworms using the worm cone. I soak them first & then put them in the cone - keeps them tidy & from being sucked up by the filter before the fish have a chance to eat them all. As you can see from the pic, they know how to empty the cone pretty quick smart - they love these worms.

They tend to check the cone every now and again throughout the day - even when empty, hoping to find the stray blackworm still there

I bought the biggest size of the loose type. Placed a new order last night, using PayPal, which is how I always pay. Not aware of any problem with the payment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TankWatcher; 02-16-2010 at 08:22 AM.
    Cheers
    Robyn

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by TankWatcher View Post
    Yas, I feed my Australian Blackworms using the worm cone. I soak them first & then put them in the cone - keeps them tidy & from being sucked up by the filter before the fish have a chance to eat them all. As you can see from the pic, they know how to empty the cone pretty quick smart - they love these worms.

They tend to check the cone every now and again throughout the day - even when empty, hoping to find the stray blackworm still there

I bought the biggest size of the loose type. Placed a new order last night, using PayPal, which is how I always pay. Not aware of any problem with the payment.
    Thanks Robyn - gorgeous discus by the way, and setup!!!!!!

I had the same issue with paypal, and Mal said it was a website problem. I was able to pay directly thru paypal using the email address he provided.

HTH!

Yasmin

SimplyDiscus Sponsor

Hi all, I am sorry I haven't been more active on the forum but Al has kept me very busy putting together his first order, and it is a big one.
    I will fix my web page so it shows how to pay using PayPal if things don't go correctly when ordering, but this problem only seems to happen for US members, and with Al selling them soon that won't be a problem anymore.
    Thanks for the support and thanks for the positive feedback about the worms.
    Mal

Registered Member

So my discus love Mals FDBW!

I have one problem though... no matter how much I soak them they still float.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make em sink? It takes a while for my fish to notice them at the surface...

But they do just LOVE them!

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmC View Post
    Hi all, I am sorry I haven't been more active on the forum but Al has kept me very busy putting together his first order, and it is a big one.
    I will fix my web page so it shows how to pay using PayPal if things don't go correctly when ordering, but this problem only seems to happen for US members, and with Al selling them soon that won't be a problem anymore.
    Thanks for the support and thanks for the positive feedback about the worms.
    Mal
    Hi, Malcolm, what is the website I may be interested in purchasing some Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yassmeena View Post
    So my discus love Mals FDBW!

I have one problem though... no matter how much I soak them they still float.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make em sink? It takes a while for my fish to notice them at the surface...

But they do just LOVE them!
    Place the loose worms in a worm cone and attach the cone near the tank floor, upside down. This way the fish won't pull all the worms out of the cone from underneath and they will pull them out one by one.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."