ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: My dady discus.........

Default Re: My dady discus.........

WOOHOO! Those are some KILLERS!!! Love them! More pictures!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Wahh, amazing! My favourite shot for the Golden Leopard Intermediates is this one because I like the blue base background colour and their shape is amazing as always.

For the Golden Leopard Snake Intermediates, I like this one best. The spots on the gill plate and the face is incredible, love the colours and shape. I guess the tank lights were just turned on as their iris tells me something lol.

Glad to see you back in action!
    【DiscusKev (Kevin) says:】
    Check out my Youtube videos
    Like my videos? 'SUBSCRIBE' ➜ www.YouTube.com/DiscusKev

Registered Member

WOW
    Scott

Hello

I am relatively new to Discus and was interested in knowing for the Golden Leopard Snakes whether a diet supplement of some sort was key when growing our this strain to ensure that the spotting on the gill plates was achieved, or whether the full gill plate spotting is something that would have developed with or with out any specific diet supplement.

Also if some form of supplement was included in their diet to maximize the spotting as they were growing out, could you please explain what it was and at what stage of development should it be used.

I look forward to your response, (or any other Simply members), as I mention I am somewhat of a beginner to discus and am building up my knowledge base since I joined this forum.

Thanks
    Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm pretty sure its genetically based through selective breeding as explained in Andrew soh's book. I don't think the food/diet is involved here.

just my thoughts,
    【DiscusKev (Kevin) says:】
    Check out my Youtube videos
    Like my videos? 'SUBSCRIBE' ➜ www.YouTube.com/DiscusKev

Xian Fu, I was wondering if you sell your fish locally? cause I'm planning to stay in Singapore in next few months and I'm very interesting with your classic strain and bulldogs. and may be you could help me more about discus to
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    Hello

I am relatively new to Discus and was interested in knowing for the Golden Leopard Snakes whether a diet supplement of some sort was key when growing our this strain to ensure that the spotting on the gill plates was achieved, or whether the full gill plate spotting is something that would have developed with or with out any specific diet supplement.

Also if some form of supplement was included in their diet to maximize the spotting as they were growing out, could you please explain what it was and at what stage of development should it be used.

I look forward to your response, (or any other Simply members), as I mention I am somewhat of a beginner to discus and am building up my knowledge base since I joined this forum.

Thanks
    Dave
    Diet can help the color of the fish therefore making the spots a bit more defined but the fish needs to have the genetic potential to achieve gill spotting. IMHO

In other words the fish you are looking at right now are not only high quality specimens genetically but are also in top condition thanks to the owners.
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

Those are incredible. We need many more pics of fish like that to make up for the time you've been gone.
    BTW, I need a male LSS with facial spotting like yours have. Can you ship one to me COD Overnight Delivery??? hehehe! J?K
    Thanks for posting again.
    Kacey

Cool Re: My dady discus.........

Those Golden Leopard and Golden Leopard Snake Intermediates are really stunners. I am speechless; the Golden Leopard Snakes are my favorites, as they remind me of Wayne NG’s Sunrise Eruptions.

Thanks for sharing, amazing.
    Oh!Golden Leopard Snakes also happen to be my favorite strain.Some breeders don't like it becausewhen they are fries,they are very weak to maintain especially the shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    WOOHOO! Those are some KILLERS!!! Love them! More pictures!

Eddie
    Thank you Eddie,If time permits,I will post more pictures to share with discus lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusKev View Post
    Wahh, amazing! My favourite shot for the Golden Leopard Intermediates is this one because I like the blue base background colour and their shape is amazing as always.
    For the Golden Leopard Snake Intermediates, I like this one best. The spots on the gill plate and the face is incredible, love the colours and shape. I guess the tank lights were just turned on as their iris tells me something lol.
    Glad to see you back in action!
    Hello Kevin,
    You Are Right,It genetically based through selective breeding is most important .Food Only Can Help In Faster Growth Rate And The Color Of The Fish Developed Faster.

Quote Originally Posted by scottthomas View Post
    WOW
    Hello,
    Thank You for your support.

Hello

Thanks
    Dave
    Hi Dave,
    Based on my experience,selecting good gene to do breeding is most important,so can get the good quality fish higher chances.For what I know some of my friends keeping Golden Leopard Snake,their burger example beefheart never add prawn and red carrot because they want to maintain the "light yellow"color so the gill plate's spots will appear very slowly sometimes only until when they go for breeding.Because I Keep a few different strain so my pigheart burger still add in prawn and carrots that's why my Golden Leopard's yellow color is more deep. (sorry for my lousy explaination,maybe i practical more than theory)

Quote Originally Posted by hedut View Post
    Xian Fu, I was wondering if you sell your fish locally? cause I'm planning to stay in Singapore in next few months and I'm very interesting with your classic strain and bulldogs. and may be you could help me more about discus to
    Hi Hendri,
    Happy To Hear That You Are Coming To Singapore To Stay.Back To The Reply.Yes,I Sell To Local Fish Shops.Now Your Favorite Bulldogs : Don't Have Much Of Them Reason Being I Concentrating More On Spotted.This Bulldog Picture Is For You To Admire,Hope You Will Like It.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed13 View Post
    Diet can help the color of the fish therefore making the spots a bit more defined but the fish needs to have the genetic potential to achieve gill spotting. IMHO

In other words the fish you are looking at right now are not only high quality specimens genetically but are also in top condition thanks to the owners.
    Hi ED13,
    I Agree Totally About What You Are Saying And Thanks For The Explaination.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast