AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jehmco Titanium Heater w/Controller

Default Re: Jehmco Titanium Heater w/Controller

John and Jehmco in general are excellent to deal with. I just think he got a lemon with this particular heater/manufacturer.

Real Name
    Rick

I have a titanium 500 watt finnex probe on order, I will let you know how it works.

Exclamation Re: Jehmco Titanium Heater w/Controller

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose View Post
    John and Jehmco in general are excellent to deal with. I just think he got a lemon with this particular heater/manufacturer.
    I'll let you know after I call John today, as the replacement heater has failed now.Found tank temp sitting @ 80degrees over the weeekend.Fortunately, the tank was all adults & temp swing seems to have caused no problems!

I need to find another heater manufacturer that I can have faith in!

Peace,
    Rob
    If you get confused... Listen to the music play-
    Jerry Garcia

Hmmm very interesting david as that was the heater I was going to order.
    As for the rest of replies it was my understanding that the glass heaters worked better???
    So I purchased 2 250 watt jagers with a seperate controller at the advice of jehmco for the 125 gallon.
    hope I don't have problems with these items.
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusLover65 View Post
    Hmmm very interesting david as that was the heater I was going to order.
    As for the rest of replies it was my understanding that the glass heaters worked better???
    So I purchased 2 250 watt jagers with a seperate controller at the advice of jehmco for the 125 gallon.
    hope I don't have problems with these items.

Before I started IGO PRO, I purchased Eheim Jagers over a year ago. They are still in use and never a problem. I think Eheim heaters are the most reliable on the market for glass heaters. The only problem is if you need higher wattage such as 500-1000Ws. Then I've found the Finnex titanium heaters with controllers to be reliable, but I would highly recommend reading the details to be sure to get one with auto-shutoff should they over heat or be exposed to air, so you don't cook your fish. For digital models, also look for an auto temp reset feature, so you don't have to run around the house to reset your target temp and alarm settings. I'm notorious for forgetting to monitor my water level to make sure my heaters are still submerged during water changes...LOL I've lost more heating elements due to stupidity than reliability.

I use 250W Jagers in my house 140G and Finnex 500W in my four season room 125G tank. There are certain models of Finnex that do not have the auto-shutoff, so caution is needed depending on your application. For instance, I used a 500W and 800W titanium w/controller in my water storage barrel, but I haven't found a model at this high of watts that has auto-shutoff.

Kensfish has great prices on the Finnex, but you may have to call Ken's place to find the right model with auto-shutoff.

I've had several models and wattages of Finnex now. If you have questions about specific model numbers, PM me given I don't know the numbers off the top of my head. I do know the blue colored digital controller model - I don't like. If power goes off, it only resets to 80. There is a white dial a temp 500W controller model that has auto-shutoff that I do like It comes in lower Watts) and use and I also use the 800W with separate components so the heating element is replaceable. No auto-shutoff, but I deal with it for my water storage barrel.

Personally, I'm liking the dial a temp models better these days, because you don't have to worry about them resetting during power outages. As for resetting themselves and having auto-shutoff, some models do and some don't, AGAIN make sure you read the details and contact the seller when doubt.

(now I wish I sold Finnex....LOL)
    Last edited by David Rose; 08-18-2010 at 08:31 AM.

pm sent
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12