AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP: Discus With POP-EYE

Registered Member

Default Re: HELP: Discus With POP-EYE

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Gentamycin - 1/4 tsp per 40 gallons.....if you change the water, do close to 100% and redose full amount. 10 days treatment
    the gentamycin is in liquid form its actually an injection will that work too? who many mg of gentamycin are we talking about, i currently have 3 vials having 80mg each a total of 240mg.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cameronv View Post
    Glad to hear it yusu, good luck with your bloat. I similarly ran into the same problem a few months ago. It was my ugliest Red turq, it had bad shape, huge old eyes, never ate well, always dark, and always always had problems. I thought "what ever I'd rather have him die then spend the money on expensive meds and my time"! 2 months later the bloats completely gone, his color is coming back, he's swimming, eating, and acting more normal everyday. I still don't care if he dies and I kind of wish he would lol. My Lesson learned.. patience is a key virtue in fish keeping.
    well thats one way of euthanizing, but right now i don't want to do that to mine, as this is my first time keeping discus.. so want to learn as much as possible.

Update: eyes have gone in but there is still a slight bulge on the stomach. will wait and watch till evening what happens. won't be feeding them.
    Last edited by yusufm52; 05-07-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Registered Member

Good News the lump in the stomach is almost gone i guess can't still make out as it stays at the back of the other fishes. had a question should i continue the same treatment for another day or two (Treatment: added to 10 gallons 2 tbsp of epsom salt with no feeding and filter) after doing a 100% water change?

Quote Originally Posted by yusufm52 View Post
    Good News the lump in the stomach is almost gone i guess can't still make out as it stays at the back of the other fishes. had a question should i continue the same treatment for another day or two (Treatment: added to 10 gallons 2 tbsp of epsom salt with no feeding and filter) after doing a 100% water change?
    You can keep up the epsom salt for as long as you want.

The gentamycin, I have no idea how to use the liquid form, nor have I seen it.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

You can keep up the epsom salt for as long as you want.

The gentamycin, I have no idea how to use the liquid form, nor have I seen it.
    Well, i found some kanamycin but could get only 1000mg, will hold on to it for some time and continue with the epsom salt today also.

Well, i found some kanamycin but could get only 1000mg, will hold on to it for some time and continue with the epsom salt today also.
    You can stop the epsom salt at any time. The build up in the fish is gone. There is nothing to treat. Epsom salt only relieves the build up.
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

You can stop the epsom salt at any time. The build up in the fish is gone. There is nothing to treat. Epsom salt only relieves the build up.
    Okay, thanks for the advice Eddie.

Registered Member

Can we see updated pics of the fish?
    We all judge, it's what we do with our judgements that make us who we are.
    Margaret

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teshi View Post
    Can we see updated pics of the fish?
    Will do that in some time just now am finishing up some of my pending work..
    but rest assured will be posting pics.

Registered Member

Sorry guys havn't yet posted any pics yet, but it seems that i have run into some other problem with the discus.
    Now i think its stomach has sunk in and i don't know what is causing it, whether it the parasite which caused it to bloat up before or this is completely unrelated it or they are not eating the food i am giving..
    God this is so frustrating..

Sorry guys havn't yet posted any pics yet, but it seems that i have run into some other problem with the discus.
    Now i think its stomach has sunk in and i don't know what is causing it, whether it the parasite which caused it to bloat up before or this is completely unrelated it or they are not eating the food i am giving..
    God this is so frustrating..
    Sunken it? Is it eating? Pictures?
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Sunken it? Is it eating? Pictures?
    Actually my camera's broken my bro dropped so will be getting it back today hopefully so will post as soon as i get it, i tried feeding them mirco waffers from hikari, which i think they didn't eat and they were starving. today i feed them hikari's bio gold beefheart mix which i have been feeding them from the first day that i got them and except for some powdered waste lying here and there nothing was there. didn't seen any stringy white poop but found the normal kind, will try and post a video i think that will be better than the pics, but will post them both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12