AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Pleco for discus??

Default Re: Best Pleco for discus??

Quote Originally Posted by discusmatt20 View Post
    Thanks smart a*s i wanted to know if it was yours or what?
    Should not have taken a bad day out on you.I apologize.Yes it is mine,I also have a royal and a whiptail in the same tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Bill, how have you found them to be hardiness wise? I almost got one for my son a couple years ago, the lfs guy said that all the stock they would get would die off and he didnt recommend them. Come to think of it I havent seen them there since that I remember, or maybe just wasnt looking. Myabe it's their supplier?
    “Be curious, not judgmental.”- Walt Whitman

Registered Member

they do die out, but the trick is getting them while they have been at the lfs for a while, that's a rule I do with the rams also.

Quote Originally Posted by JenTN View Post
    Bill, how have you found them to be hardiness wise? I almost got one for my son a couple years ago, the lfs guy said that all the stock they would get would die off and he didnt recommend them. Come to think of it I havent seen them there since that I remember, or maybe just wasnt looking. Myabe it's their supplier?
    I think they die off because of how the lfs take care of them.My whiptail is atleast 2yrs old,and the stick and the royal I got at the begining of this year.After thier quarintine,they seem to nothing but benifit from a clean discus tank.Mind you,these are in my display.m_picture 17 235.jpgm_picture 17 238.jpgm_picture1 287.jpgPlenty of places to hide,plants and wood to chomp.And I try to keep the temp around 82-83 for the plants.I know higher temps affected my bn's,and even these ones seem to be affecting my panda cories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill63SG View Post
    I think they die off because of how the lfs take care of them.My whiptail is atleast 2yrs old,and the stick and the royal I got at the begining of this year.After thier quarintine,they seem to nothing but benifit from a clean discus tank.Mind you,these are in my display.m_picture 17 235.jpgm_picture 17 238.jpgm_picture1 287.jpgPlenty of places to hide,plants and wood to chomp.And I try to keep the temp around 82-83 for the plants.I know higher temps affected my bn's,and even these ones seem to be affecting my panda cories.
    Cool, and apologize exsepted

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123