ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L200 Pleco

Default L200 Pleco

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has kept the L200, Lemon Spotted Pleco, Green Phantom Pleco with their Discus??? I was thinking of getting some. Thanks

Default Re: L200 Pleco

never had them, but wanted to so i did a little research...from what I've seen fairly docile, great looking pleco...there are two sp of L200...Baryancistrus demantoides about 6" and Hemiancistrus subviridis about 7-8". other than size i don't really know the differences.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog...species_id=223
    http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog...pecies_id=1805
    not new to aquarium hobby, just looking for new challenge---discus

Registered Member

I've had and still have a bunch of different plecos in the community tanks.

Just make sure what temp you would to keep the tank at. If you want to keep it 85 ish, it might be a tad warm for most plecos. But I've kept L200, L260, L333, L177, L208, and many others with no ill effects on the discus. I kept my community tank at 83.

The only probs I had with plecos were a couple of bristle noses that wanted to munch the slim coats off the discus' which obviously stressed them out. But fortunately I have enough tanks to move them.

I've had quite a few plecos so few free to ask about them!

HTH

Alan

PS. Btw, the L200 isn't really a algae glass cleaner type of pleco in case that's what you are looking for.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by 2075turner View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has kept the L200, Lemon Spotted Pleco, Green Phantom Pleco with their Discus??? I was thinking of getting some. Thanks

We have them in some of our Discus tanks, so far, no problems and do their job, keep my tanks clean,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member

Most of the hypan plecos like the warm water and are carnivors so they would do well with discus.

Thanks Guys,

I getting a little lazy in my old age I guess (or just tired of wiping down the glass, LOL)

Hans,

Do you keep plecos with your breeders? I will be using 29 gal tanks with some and was wondering if the smaller space would have the plecos attaching to my discus?

The L200's are for my 75 gal tanks and up. I was thinking of 2 per 75 gal. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Wow, those plecos are really nice.
    Cheers
    Robyn

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Hans,
    Do you keep plecos with your breeders? I will be using 29 gal tanks with some and was wondering if the smaller space would have the plecos attaching to my discus?

The L200's are for my 75 gal tanks and up. I was thinking of 2 per 75 gal. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    No we keep them only in the 65 gallon tanks,

Hans
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Ive kept a L200 Hemiancistrus subviridis in with discus. The L200 and discus will interact during feeding time as they all want their share of food. The plec can be territorial when eating showing aggressive flashes and movements to the discus if they come close but no real harm is done.
    My Hemiancistrus subviridis doesnt clean much algae from the tank sides.
    If its hungry it will 'beg' for food buy coming out of its cave when u enter the room.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Ra2AABjpc&NR=1
    click link and listen

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    No we keep them only in the 65 gallon tanks,

Hans
    Thanks,

So do you keep any plecos with your breeders? In the smaller space I am hesitant. Thanks, Evelyn

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Thanks,

So do you keep any plecos with your breeders? In the smaller space I am hesitant. Thanks, Evelyn
    Evelyn,

in the top row, close to the lights, more algue, we keep some BN's but it's not the Discus I worry about, if they spawn we have to take the BN out or they kill them lol lol

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Evelyn,

in the top row, close to the lights, more algue, we keep some BN's but it's not the Discus I worry about, if they spawn we have to take the BN out or they kill them lol lol

Hans
    Thanks Hans.

I haven't had any plecos for quite a while now because of them attaching to my adults. As of lately I have been trying to find ways of cutting down the tank maintance, I will say it's old age...but laziness is the culprit I believe, LOL. Don't want to do anything to hurt my babies though so I believe I will get some for my 75's and stick with the wipe down in my breeders.

Evelyn

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Thanks Hans.

As of lately I have been trying to find ways of cutting down the tank maintance, I will say it's old age...but laziness is the culprit I believe, LOL.
    Evelyn
    And that's why I've Dan my help lol lol

Hans

I have a Panaque Nigroliniatus with my Heckels. They leave each other alone. I would not put any plecos with breeders. They may eat the eggs at night.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I have a Panaque Nigroliniatus with my Heckels. They leave each other alone. I would not put any plecos with breeders. They may eat the eggs at night.

That's why we always keep lights on in our facility

Hans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast