AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Australian Blackworms are here in USA

Default Re: Australian Blackworms are here in USA and CANADA!!!! ...

Quote Originally Posted by chaoslite View Post
    All I can say is WOW! Great customer service! I placed my order this week and sent a little note today to find out if I could get a "guestimation" on when they would arrive. Not only did I get a call within a few hours to let me know when they were shipped, when I got home they were in my mailbox. My smaller discus were being very picky and only eating blood worms and every once in a while a color bit or two. I put these worms in he tank and they attacked them. They are better at getting to them than my larger to and have no problem grabbing them off the top. Definitely going to order more after this. Thanks everyone for recommending them to me and thank you Al for the great customer service and shipping them so quickly. I have only been a member to the SDF for a short time, but you guys have made it a very welcoming experience.

Mishka
    Hi Mishka,
    I'm Glad to hear they got there safe and sound! and your experience here at SimplyDiscus has been so good so far! Thats what we like to hear!
    All the best to you in your Discus Adventure!

Thanks again for the order!!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

It's about time for another order for me. When do you plan on getting more of the 200g cubed in stock?

Should not be much longer...That item flew off the shelves.. I know Mal is working on filling a new shipment for me..

Sending you a pm.

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Default Re: Australian Blackworms are here in USA ...

Al,

Didn't go through all the posts, but sounds like a great food for discus. Couple of questions and/or comments are:

1. If the fish love this food so much, wouldn't they just ignore other food and wait to get FDBW so eventually, they will only eat the FDBW and no other food?
    2. They are pricey. $88 for 200g which translates to $198 per pound. Just read it takes 80g of live BW to make 10g of FDBW. So, it's basically $25 per pound of live BW. So does this mean feeding 10g of FDBW is equivalent to feeding 80g of live BW?
    3. I roughly feed about 30g of frozen food to my fish per day (at night). I feed pellets and flakes in the morning. If I were to feed my fish FDBW, do you recommend replacing either the frozen food or dried food with FDBW or incorporate the FDBW in with the other two? Based on my feeding of frozen food per meal, what would be the equivalent for one feeding of FDBW (by weight)?

Sorrry for the long post and questions. Thanks!

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Default Re: Australian Blackworms are here in USA ...

Quote Originally Posted by YSS View Post
    Al,

Didn't go through all the posts, but sounds like a great food for discus. Couple of questions and/or comments are:

1. If the fish love this food so much, wouldn't they just ignore other food and wait to get FDBW so eventually, they will only eat the FDBW and no other food?
    2. They are pricey. $88 for 200g which translates to $198 per pound. Just read it takes 80g of live BW to make 10g of FDBW. So, it's basically $25 per pound of live BW. So does this mean feeding 10g of FDBW is equivalent to feeding 80g of live BW?
    3. I roughly feed about 30g of frozen food to my fish per day (at night). I feed pellets and flakes in the morning. If I were to feed my fish FDBW, do you recommend replacing either the frozen food or dried food with FDBW or incorporate the FDBW in with the other two? Based on my feeding of frozen food per meal, what would be the equivalent for one feeding of FDBW (by weight)?

Sorrry for the long post and questions. Thanks!
    Hi YSS,

to answer best I can here.,,,

<Try them.> not so subliminal hint

1)
    No , unless you as the keeper spoil them. I feed mine freeze dried blackworms as part of a mixed diet....almost all the people I know of do. Mine still take my home made mixes and commercial pellets fine. Now if the keeper gets lazy and feeds them only Blackwormsbecause they love watching them tear into them and its convenient then......live or dried.. you can spoil them.

2)Pricey? ..My discus don't think so. seriously
    $88 for 200g which translates to $198 per pound
    yes..but thats based on a freeze dried pound... which is huge difference from wet frozen pound... ...once you take the water out these worms weigh close to nothing. To be frank...If you are looking for an inexpensive food to feed... neither freeze dried blackworms or live CBW fits that bill. This product isn't mean't to be a cheap food ...Its meant to be a great food. and Its meant to be an alternative to live Blackworms.... a food many people like to feed...
    When you consider what these cost... consider that with these worms....You aren't paying for water with freeze dried foods nor in the bag they ship in or are stored in like frozen foods....the shelf life is long and needs no special handling..for some looking to feed blackworms... these are a better option to live blackworms . For someone looking to suppliment their fishes diet these are excellent...
    So does this mean feeding 10g of FDBW is equivalent to feeding 80g of live BW?
    yes I believe thats roughly what the conversion is from live worms to freeze dried once you remove the live aquatic worm from their water environment.

3)
    I roughly feed about 30g of frozen food to my fish per day (at night).
    so basically you are feeding the equivalent of a few grams of dry freeze dried food if you flash froze it and dehydrated it under a vacuum to lock in all its nutrients. and remove the water. ...since frozen foods like blood worms are mostly water. I don't make any recommendations on using these blackworms over any other food,..I can only tell you what I do here.... I feed a diverse diet here and have incorporated these into my fishes diet.. I have phased out feeding frozen blood worms here and feed these freeze dried blackworms instead...reason being ... 1) I think the nutritional profile is better 2) I am not allergic to them as I am with blood worms. 3)easy storage...no freezer space needed 4) I hate paying for water.

If you are thinking about it to try...best I can suggest is give a 10 gram bag a try.. you know what they say..seeing is believing.

Hth,
    al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 05-11-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Thanks, Al. I think you answered all my questions to satisfaction. I have no doubt that the discus will love the blackworms. I am going to order one 200g bag as a starter. You mentioned another advantage of FDBW that I didnt' even think of: not taking up freezer space. That will make my wife happier. One last question. Do you feed your fish FDBW everyday as part of mixed diet or not as often? Thanks, again.

Yun-

- 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Glad to help.

One last question. Do you feed your fish FDBW everyday as part of mixed diet or not as often? Thanks, again.
    Every day but not at the same time..

One feeding of each kind of food at a time.

Just so you know.. I'm running low on some Inventory items right now and have them in transit to me and should get them soon.... However I do have one bag each of 200 grams loose , 100 gram loose, 100 gram cube..... order thru the shopping cart

and I can fill at least 2 orders of 200 grams cubed from my bulk if some one needs them bad..(You'll need to PM me on this one...its not in the shopping cart.)

Other than that I have plenty of 1O gram bags in stock, as well as 50 gram bags both cube and loose...order thru shopping cart.
    Hth,
    al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Glad to help.

Every day but not at the same time..

One feeding of each kind of food at a time.

Just so you know.. I'm running low on some Inventory items right now and have them in transit to me and should get them soon.... However I do have one bag each of 200 grams loose , 100 gram loose, 100 gram cube..... order thru the shopping cart

and I can fill at least 2 orders of 200 grams cubed from my bulk if some one needs them bad..(You'll need to PM me on this one...its not in the shopping cart.)

Other than that I have plenty of 1O gram bags in stock, as well as 50 gram bags both cube and loose...order thru shopping cart.
    Hth,
    al
    I didn't see your post before I placed an order. Just placed an order for one bag of 200g. I tried to get two bags, but couldn't. Now, I know why. Looking forward to the worms!

Yun-

- 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

ROTFLMAO!! So funny Al...guess those subliminal hints worked!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

SimplyDiscus Sponsor

They're on their way, Al should be there very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    ROTFLMAO!! So funny Al...guess those subliminal hints worked!

Take care,

Eddie
    I figure it works for Coke and pepsi...why not?lol

They're on their way, Al should be there very soon.
    Excellent!!
    Thanks for the update Mal!

thanks everyone.

-al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 05-11-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Some inventory changes... order these from aquaticsuppliers.com website..

10 grams loose and cubed...plenty
    50 grams loose and cubed plenty
    100 gram loose and cubed 1 each
    200 gram loose 1 each

also...
    200 gram cubed from bulk.. 1 each pm or email if interested.

and more on the way!

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Hi Everyone!

Great News ...I've received my new shipment of Australian Blackworms from Mal and they are all inventoried and the storefront has been updated...

Please place your orders through the shopping cart at

Aquaticsuppliers.com

Those of you that have made previous arrangements with me and have been patiently waiting...Your orders will go out today.

Thanks everyone!

Best Regards,
    Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Hi,
    I want to know how much I should feed, say if I feed 3 little cube of the Hikari 3.5oz frozen Blood worms , do I also feed 3 cube of this Freeze Dried blackworms or less ( consider some of the discussion in this post said the frozen blood worms composite lot of water, so I will assume for the Freeze Dried Blackworm, I will feed my fish with less quantity )

thanks

How many Discus and what sizes are they?

-al
    Quote Originally Posted by barrowkwan View Post
    Hi,
    I want to know how much I should feed, say if I feed 3 little cube of the Hikari 3.5oz frozen Blood worms , do I also feed 3 cube of this Freeze Dried blackworms or less ( consider some of the discussion in this post said the frozen blood worms composite lot of water, so I will assume for the Freeze Dried Blackworm, I will feed my fish with less quantity )

thanks

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast