AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Considering Discus - Help Me Get Into The Discus Game (Newbie Questions)

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: Considering Discus - Help Me Get Into The Discus Game (Newbie Questions)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuls1 View Post
    Thanks joe, have had them for about 3 months now. The other day I saw another local hobbyists discus, one of his was about the size I got mine at, I can't believe they were so tiny just a few short months ago. As an update, they are now in a 120g tank with a 40g sump. I am ordering and additional 4 starlight galaxy turquoise discus and 4 reflection deep discus, currently I am changing 50% of the tanks water a day and will probably continue this routine for the future. I am changing my filter socks every other day.
    Glad to hear its all working out for you...just be careful with introducing other fish. Would be good to see some pictures when you have a moment...We like pictures here
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Zac

Default Re: Considering Discus - Help Me Get Into The Discus Game (Newbie Questions)

Trying to upload pics, keeps saying upload failed

Real Name
    Zac

https://imagebin.ca/v/3owGLv0RtAhW Here is a photo of one of my discus. This particular discus doesn't have the greatest fore head but I couldn't seem to get a clear side on shot so went with this one. They were sold as 2.5" discus when I bought them. Will post more pics after the new lot are quarantined and added to the tank. The new fish will be from the same source, very excited to get them.

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Trying to upload pics, keeps saying upload failed
    Try reducing the size of your pics and tray again.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Zac

I shared a link to the image, all ready for a feeding of beefheart. Finally made a recipe that is relatively mess free.

Real Name
    Filip

The discus on the photo looks great Zac .
    Post a full tank pic please . We want to see the rest of them too .
    I feel like this blue light you have does not match perfectly with your White butterflies though .

Real Name
    Zac

Hey Filip, the lights on the tank are not blue, it just appears blue in the photo. I'm not too sure why that is, wether its the blue background or maybe settings on my camera, maybe I should colour correct the image. Anyway, I do plan on adding some greenery to my tank. I saw a post a while ago where the member had used drinking glasses as pots for his plants. this looked really cool and i am leaning towards borrowing this idea for my own tank. Anyway, I don't want to reveal my tank to the world until i am happy with it's appearance. It is currently completely bare, but I do want it looking nice and pretty before I share images of the whole tank. https://imagebin.ca/v/3rYx1HrdPMKI https://imagebin.ca/v/3rYwsXqywbus I can't believe that just 3 short months ago when I got my white butterfly's they were this size! How much they have grown. Were only about ~2.5" now over 4" body length.

Real Name
    Filip

Hey Filip, the lights on the tank are not blue, it just appears blue in the photo. I'm not too sure why that is, wether its the blue background or maybe settings on my camera, maybe I should colour correct the image. Anyway, I do plan on adding some greenery to my tank. I saw a post a while ago where the member had used drinking glasses as pots for his plants. this looked really cool and i am leaning towards borrowing this idea for my own tank. Anyway, I don't want to reveal my tank to the world until i am happy with it's appearance. It is currently completely bare, but I do want it looking nice and pretty before I share images of the whole tank. https://imagebin.ca/v/3rYx1HrdPMKI https://imagebin.ca/v/3rYwsXqywbus I can't believe that just 3 short months ago when I got my white butterfly's they were this size! How much they have grown. Were only about ~2.5" now over 4" body length.
    Very nice size and looks on your butterflies Zac.
    They do grow amazingly fast with the proper care. .
    I use PVC transparent glass for my plants .Transparent is to observe the root growth and root bound.
    I wouldnt choose glass though, because they do tend to fall around and get smashed to the tank glass during my hasty maintenance , so they would break easily if not carefull enough .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345