ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Big Garage Fishroom Project!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Aaron Steele

Default Re: Big Garage Fishroom Project!

Just read through this thread. Great job!

I might have missed it, but what air pump do you use?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkeef View Post
    Here are some pics of current stage of the garage.

This is where the Fishroom will be. got a lot to clean up SIGH....

This is the other 2 car garage area where cabinets will installed along whole wall. it will also have rubber mat floors so kids can play around.

u can see the new the electrical subpanel installed here:

heres a pic of 1 out of 5 GFCI outlets installed.
    U should look into that bare wire... it's not to code so I'm assuming u did sub panel without permit... that wire isn't in a wall so need to have a metal tube around wire

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkeef View Post
    im trying real hard to make it stay inside...
    Just tell her if u need to move main display I to garage u will need to utilize all 3 garage space to make it into a man cave =)

Registered Member

Also with that many tanks and seem like all ur tank doesn't have a cover moisture will kill ur house with mold u should look into an air exchanger for the garage

Registered Member

This has been a great thread and I really enjoyed following it from beginning to end ... My plans are not so ambitious as I am only now returning to aqua culture and fresh water aquarium but I do know that I will be setting up a 55 gallon planted tank for Discus and few scavengers by May or June ... not in any hurry but reading a lot on the forum to hopefully do it right the first time ... so I really appreciate the time you took to share your experience and posting all your photos ... Gorgeous fish by the way!!! Can you share a source you trust for the Discus? Thanks and good luck with your set up ... Richard

Great project and results

Quote Originally Posted by woodsprite View Post
    This has been a great thread and I really enjoyed following it from beginning to end ... My plans are not so ambitious as I am only now returning to aqua culture and fresh water aquarium but I do know that I will be setting up a 55 gallon planted tank for Discus and few scavengers by May or June ... not in any hurry but reading a lot on the forum to hopefully do it right the first time ... so I really appreciate the time you took to share your experience and posting all your photos ... Gorgeous fish by the way!!! Can you share a source you trust for the Discus? Thanks and good luck with your set up ... Richard
    ive bought mostly from kenny and josie. recommend them anytime. also heard good things about discus hans.
    Discus dave.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Dave, you still around bud? Haven't heard from you in a while.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    sue

wow, I am in awe!!

Dave you their LOL

Registered Member Uncle Raymond's Avatar
    Real Name
    Raymond

Photos are great, fish room is looking good. Thread started on March 2014, any updates! Keep us posted, thanks.
    U/R
    Liberty is the Breath of Life to All Nations!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Raymond View Post
    Photos are great, fish room is looking good. Thread started on March 2014, any updates! Keep us posted, thanks.
    U/R
    Last I heard Dave was selling ALL of this discus. Not sure if he kept the garage up and running with other fish though. Didn't hear back from him on another forum.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Hey Guys this is an amazing thread and I understand the owner might not be in the hobby anymore. However I am currently planning to setup a 3 tier aquarium wooden rack and was interested in the photos on this thread and since I am somewhat restricted with ceiling height in my basement, I wondered what would be the minimum decent clearance between tanks? In order to have enough space for plumbing and to fit one's hand to clean etc....

My ceiling height is maximum 209cm (82 inches) and was wondering if it was possible to fit 3 tanks on top of each other, or 2 tanks and a sump ?

Many thanks for your replies.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Keith024 View Post
    Hey Guys this is an amazing thread and I understand the owner might not be in the hobby anymore. However I am currently planning to setup a 3 tier aquarium wooden rack and was interested in the photos on this thread and since I am somewhat restricted with ceiling height in my basement, I wondered what would be the minimum decent clearance between tanks? In order to have enough space for plumbing and to fit one's hand to clean etc....

My ceiling height is maximum 209cm (82 inches) and was wondering if it was possible to fit 3 tanks on top of each other, or 2 tanks and a sump ?

Many thanks for your replies.
    You can start the tanks at hip level and you'll be fine

Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    You can start the tanks at hip level and you'll be fine
    I mean the distance between the top of a tank and the rack of the tank above it. What is a minimum comfortable distance between them?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast