AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: ifishstore

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jack

Default ifishstore

A new online shop that opened in 2017.

They specialize in tropical fish but do carry some discus that Frank the owner said comes from local breeders in NJ.
    "Old Guys" who don't know how to use the internet lol.

Got some discus and goldfish from him to see how they would turn out.
    His prices are $20 for a 2" discus which isn't bad. Plus free shipping next day after $250. which was why I tried it.

So I got some blue diamonds, a super red, a red turn, a snakeskin from him.
    I'll post up some pictures.
    They don't have the best shape to them. A little pointed in the face but still not bad.
    Arrived healthy and well packed. 1 per bag, triple bagged. was topped with 2 heat packs, one was cold, other was still warm.
    No pictures of the parents, and he didn't have any from the "Old Guys" said he would get me them but still don't have them.

Although the goldfish were just all jumbled together in two bags (15 of them) which was bad for them. Since three of the butterfly telescopes died after a day. (Seemed stressed after shipping and wouldn't eat at all and slugglish)

Also the stock, for his goldfish, is not updated. Ordered a couple kinds that were out of stock which sucked. So watch out for that.

Overall, not bad quality for discus, but could be better. But for the price, it was not bad IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dane

Thumbs up Re: ifishstore

Searching online to see what was new/available and came across these guys right away. Always a little leery with online purchases but noticed they had reviews available through TrustPilot....some sort of 3rd party scoring system kind of like what you get on Yelp. Seemed like in general they were scoring pretty high. Was interested specifically in Discus and called to ask about shipping since I needed them delivered on a specific day. Talked to Frank who I believe is the Owner...talked a bit about his Discus stock and suppliers. Was really pretty accommodating. Liked their site because it wasn't an eyesore and easy to navigate. I think they have a great assortment of Discus but the real kicker was this Discus deal they have where you order 5 and get one free. Their shipping price is probably the lowest I've seen yet so the final price for my order was great! Anyway, I ended up ordering 10 Discus (plus two free) and also ordered a couple plecos and catfish. Got my order exactly as requested...packaging was great and all fish were healthy and in great condition. Discus are doing really well and coloring is amazing. Overall, my experience with these guys was really good and I'll order from them again.

Real Name
    Geoffrey

Default Re: ifishstore

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua56 View Post
    Searching online to see what was new/available and came across these guys right away. Always a little leery with online purchases but noticed they had reviews available through TrustPilot....some sort of 3rd party scoring system kind of like what you get on Yelp. Seemed like in general they were scoring pretty high. Was interested specifically in Discus and called to ask about shipping since I needed them delivered on a specific day. Talked to Frank who I believe is the Owner...talked a bit about his Discus stock and suppliers. Was really pretty accommodating. Liked their site because it wasn't an eyesore and easy to navigate. I think they have a great assortment of Discus but the real kicker was this Discus deal they have where you order 5 and get one free. Their shipping price is probably the lowest I've seen yet so the final price for my order was great! Anyway, I ended up ordering 10 Discus (plus two free) and also ordered a couple plecos and catfish. Got my order exactly as requested...packaging was great and all fish were healthy and in great condition. Discus are doing really well and coloring is amazing. Overall, my experience with these guys was really good and I'll order from them again.
    Do you have any pics?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dane

Had these guys for a couple of weeks now. Haven't had any problems.IMG_6220.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Geoffrey

Thanks for posting @Aqua56
    the colors look good, do you have any pictures from the side. I am wondering how the shape is on these.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Cristal

I love that they offer a free discus with the purchase of 5 or more. The discus prices are reasonable and the shipping price is not compensated due to the price. Frank responds to his emails promptly and answers any questions you may have. I will purchasing again in the future.

Registered Member

How did these fish ever turn out?