AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleft Palate / Cleft Lip

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Default Re: Cleft Palate / Cleft Lip

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I'd like to commend you on this Tobi. Many years ago, this very forum gathered around me and helped donate a significant amount of funds for my nephew in El Salvador who's son needed a tumor removed in his head. I will never forget the generosity of this forum and a few others that helped with smaller contributions to save the life of a little boy none of them knew. Should you move forward, you have my support for your generous heart.

Unfortunately, I do not know anything on this subject, but i'm hoping someone will steer you on the right path.
    Ahhh. Stories like these make me very happy. It's as if all of a sudden, the little things I worry about or small obstacles are no longer a burden. So many people go through so much worse and they deserve attention.

Real Name
    Tobi

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Tobi,
    Maybe it would be worthwhile reaching out to some of the non-profit foundations for information and guidance..

https://www.smiletrain.org/?_ga=2.47...858.1547001333

http://www.cleftsmile.org/

https://healthfinder.gov/FindService...px?code=HR3838

for starters.

I think its a pretty cool thing that you want to try and help her. Hats off to you!

al
    Thanks Al. I’ve just been in touch with someone who works with smile train. They don’t have anything local, but they do work in the Philippines. Recovery and well being wise I think it would make sense anyway for her to be home rather than here all alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    Thanks Paul. This was actually one of the first articles I’ve rwad when I started to look into it. Apparently there are no missions planned here as of now, but they are on my list of organizations I will contact shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I'd like to commend you on this Tobi. Many years ago, this very forum gathered around me and helped donate a significant amount of funds for my nephew in El Salvador who's son needed a tumor removed in his head. I will never forget the generosity of this forum and a few others that helped with smaller contributions to save the life of a little boy none of them knew. Should you move forward, you have my support for your generous heart.

Unfortunately, I do not know anything on this subject, but i'm hoping someone will steer you on the right path.
    Wow Ricardo, that’s amazing. Makes me really happy to see it worked out for your nephew’s son, amazing outcome.
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Real Name
    Tobi

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    Ahhh. Stories like these make me very happy. It's as if all of a sudden, the little things I worry about or small obstacles are no longer a burden. So many people go through so much worse and they deserve attention.
    Yeah things like that and also visiting parts of the world that are less developed or fortunate will pull you right back down to earth and make you appreciate what you have.
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12