AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like FISHING!

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: Do you like FISHING!

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Hey Joe,
    Found a few old pics from 2010 from Opening day with my kids, Becky and Ethan. Thought you might get a kick out of them. Note the Hats. Mal had sent it to Them.
    al
    Thanks for sharing Al. I love seeing photos of kids out fishing with their folks. That's awesome! ...So are the hats. Good luck to you all in the new season.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

In between time here in Mn. Walleye season is closed, Pike is closed, no ice, water has not warmed up yet..so fishing is kind of put on the back burner here for a month or two.
    THANK goodness turkey season is two weeks away! I need to redeem myself for the 10 yard miss on a monster tom last year!

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    In between time here in Mn. Walleye season is closed, Pike is closed, no ice, water has not warmed up yet..so fishing is kind of put on the back burner here for a month or two.
    THANK goodness turkey season is two weeks away! I need to redeem myself for the 10 yard miss on a monster tom last year!
    Look forward to seeing some fish pics once the conditions allow for it Ah, Hunting....another one of my hobbies. I can't believe you admitting to missing a beast at 10yards....I'd like to hear more.
    Last edited by two utes; 03-30-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Real Name
    Matt

Nice! Do you keep and eat the squid or use it for bait for something else? Since squid can change colors and have some awesome patterns do you always see different ones when you pull them up or do they generally come up about the same?
    -Matt

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Nice! Do you keep and eat the squid or use it for bait for something else? Since squid can change colors and have some awesome patterns do you always see different ones when you pull them up or do they generally come up about the same?
    Hi Matt.
    Yes we do keep all the squid (bag limit of 10 per person) we catch to eat, but sometimes use part of the squid as bait to catch , red snapper, whitting, or flathead depending on seasons....nothing beats fresh bait.
    The squid we catch are generally all the same color, as we catch them off weeded areas. The one you see me holding had just been caught whereas the one my granddaughter is holding had been sitting in a white container for some time. We watch them change color after they had been caught. The patterns change through their hole body in waves, but it always surprises me how much ink they squirt at the side of the boat when netted, and we always have to make sure that we are not the target.

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4623.jpg

My two boys are getting better on the boat. 1 reels the fish in but will not touch it. The other one will snatch it out of my hands and love all over it ... in turn, grossing out my wife!
    Last edited by pastry; 04-09-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post

My two boys are getting better on the boat. 1 reels the fish in but will not touch it. The other one will snatch it out of my hands and love all over it ... in turn, grossing out my wife!
    That's great that your two boys are enjoying being out on the boat with you and your wife...it's always a bonus when you can catch some fish to keep them entertained.

I've been playing the role of tourist guide here in Melbourne lately to a bunch of good friends visiting from China and Seattle. I have another friend and his wife visiting next month so l think l have it all together now.
    Just recently Katie And Stacey from Seattle stayed with us for a week, and apart from the touristy things we did around Melbourne we also did a run to Portarlington for a few days of sight seeing, and off coarse some fishing.

18010748_10154943926860266_665614515740593787_n.jpg

17992032_10154943926790266_1558515515011733488_n.jpg

18010247_10154943926720266_344018097521299637_n.jpg

There are lots of wineries in the area which we couldn't drive past, and a day trip along one of the most scenic roads. we actually went up in a helicopter this time for views of the 12 apostles

18033791_10154941922415266_83868498144057208_n.jpg

17904048_10154938991555266_34958260233859460_n.jpg

18010585_10154941921880266_8949490544219134319_n.jpg

18034271_10154941922260266_7798429997729209971_n.jpg

If ever planning a trip to Charleston, just bring a bottle of Aussie Cabernet Sauvignon and I'll get you to some beautiful intracoastal saltwater "fishy" beaches. I'd give you a bottle of local Muscadine wine but... muscadine wine tastes like sh.....

I'll spare you and provide some nice wheat ales! Seriously though, if ever in my area, give me a heads up. Would love to share local fishing with someone else who also has a love for Discus. The fishing portion here is logistically simple and the views are amazing with lowcountry plantations and plenty of gamefish to make it a short injection of " Wicked Tuna". After fishing all over and getting tired of devoting the time offshore (yet wanting to stick to saltwater), this is "pressing the easy button".

Hell, if anyone on here visits Charleston and wants a fishing trip, shoot me a PM. I love showing folks Charleston while putting them on fish.
    Last edited by pastry; 04-21-2017 at 10:00 PM.
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

If ever planning a trip to Charleston, just bring a bottle of Aussie Cabernet Sauvignon and I'll get you to some beautiful intracoastal saltwater "fishy" beaches. I'd give you a bottle of local Muscadine wine but... muscadine wine tastes like sh.....

I'll spare you and provide some nice wheat ales! Seriously though, if ever in my area, give me a heads up. Would love to share local fishing with someone else who also has a love for Discus. The fishing portion here is logistically simple and the views are amazing with lowcountry plantations and plenty of gamefish to make it a short injection of " Wicked Tuna". After fishing all over and getting tired of devoting the time offshore (yet wanting to stick to saltwater), this is "pressing the easy button".

Hell, if anyone on here visits Charleston and wants a fishing trip, shoot me a PM. I love showing folks Charleston while putting them on fish.
    Hi Elliot.
    You got me at 'If ever planning a trip to Charleston', but since there's good wine and fishing involved I'll definitely keep that in mind. Like you said, its good sharing time with like minded people. Off coarse the same goes to you. Not only do we have good wine, but some very tasty beer

Thanks for the invite

I'll make it down under before I die. It's on my bucket list I just also love surfing but they shark population has rebounded worldwide and I heard you guys have some pretty big ones patrolling the coastlines! I just need some more courage and to get these kiddos older
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

I'll make it down under before I die. It's on my bucket list I just also love surfing but they shark population has rebounded worldwide and I heard you guys have some pretty big ones patrolling the coastlines! I just need some more courage and to get these kiddos older
    Glad Australia is on your bucket list... Yes, there are a few big sharks around, mainly great whites, but don't worry about them as there's lots more critters that can kill you over here

Real Name
    Matt

I'll make it down under before I die. It's on my bucket list
    Same!!

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Glad Australia is on your bucket list... Yes, there are a few big sharks around, mainly great whites, but don't worry about them as there's lots more critters that can kill you over here
    LOL "Don't worry about them". Sharks like that are probably my second greatest fear. Why? Who knows as it just came about one day. I used to go to where I can't touch the bottom in the ocean, now you'll never catch me out there unless it's crystal clear water. It's only the big 3 that scare me Bulls, Tigers, and Whites. I'd swim amongst a school of black tips or similar reef sharks any day of the week.

On the subject of fishing, sorta, we're about to host the annual Pure Fishing National Sales meeting here in Columbia at work. Pretty cool to walk around and see some of the gear, from flyfishing to saltwater. Makes you want to get out and go fishing instead of being stuck at work looking at the gear. And by the way, that view from the helicopter is stunning!!!
    -Matt

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Same!!

LOL "Don't worry about them". Sharks like that are probably my second greatest fear. Why? Who knows as it just came about one day. I used to go to where I can't touch the bottom in the ocean, now you'll never catch me out there unless it's crystal clear water. It's only the big 3 that scare me Bulls, Tigers, and Whites. I'd swim amongst a school of black tips or similar reef sharks any day of the week.

On the subject of fishing, sorta, we're about to host the annual Pure Fishing National Sales meeting here in Columbia at work. Pretty cool to walk around and see some of the gear, from flyfishing to saltwater. Makes you want to get out and go fishing instead of being stuck at work looking at the gear. And by the way, that view from the helicopter is stunning!!!
    Hi Matt
    Like you, I was afraid to enter the water. It happened straight after watching Jaws 1, 2, 3, & 4. The first time I went to Cairns for a marlin fishing trip, my friends all wanted to have a snorkel, and l admitted to them that l was scared of being attacked by a shark. They explained to me that the reef sharks there were harmless, and by the end of the day l was chasing them with a dead fish in my hands trying to feed them without success. The next day l found myself swimming in the open ocean on a large pod of dolphins, and it was then that l gained confidence again. Since then l have been fortunate, on 4 occasions to swim with whale sharks out on the sea mounts in 2000 meters of water, while constantly keeping an eye out for the large black shadows down in the depths. I'm glad l have overcome my fears, but at the same time we are contently reminded here of shark attacks, and its always at the back of my mind.. Just this passing weak a young female surfer was mauled by a great white, and there is lots of controversy here about shark culling at the moment.
    I have lots of love and respect for nature, and like lots of other places, great white sharks are on the endangered list here, and protected, but maybe its time to lift that ban for awhile, and allow some sharks to be taken by anglers, even if it means paying for the privilege, and the money donated to a worthy cause.

Any workplace that hosts an annual 'Pure Fishing National Sales meeting' must be a pretty hard gig to take have fun with it, and be sure to share some pics from the event on here....That's if its not considered work off coarse

Yes it was pretty cool being up in a helicopter again, but unfortunately l really wasn't in the correct position to get the photos l wanted, plus the glare from the sun made it very difficult on some occasions.
    Last edited by two utes; 04-22-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Matt, same for you bud. Anytime you plan on being in Charleston, let me know! Also, let me know if you see any deals on 96 quart coolers wither seat pad at the show!
    -Elliot

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast