ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Fish shirts in Public?

Default Fish shirts in Public?

Do you guys ever wear fish related shirts out in public to non-fish related events? I ask because for years I did, I threw on my SimplyDiscus T-shirt or sweat shirt anytime I went out. Sometimes I got weird looks. Sometimes I got, "pretty Fishes" most of the time it was blank stare or no recognition at all. I always wondered how long it would take before I randomly bumped into someone at a non-fish or Aquarium event and they recognized the Discus I was sporting. The answer............... 16 years! It finally happened out of the Blue I ran into a guy at the gas station that said , "Nice shirt". Talking abit turns out he had Candy Apple Discus and wild browns a while back.Doesn't keep fish anymore. . Never thought I'd see the day.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Re: Fish shirts in Public?

What makes you think it was the shirt that got you the weird looks? Just saying...

Real Name
    Steve

Lol!

I wear my T shirt from The Wet Spot all the time. It's an excellent quality T. On the front where the pocket would be it says "The Wet Spot" on the back is a pic of a beautiful Angelfish and the words, "I'm No Angel". It suits my style. If they look at me like I'm weird I don't care.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Perkins View Post
    What makes you think it was the shirt that got you the weird looks? Just saying...
    Hmm I guess... Probably like that server at the Brewery looked at us that time when we talked fish?
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Not a fish related shirt but I tend to wear my disc golf shirts pretty often on the weekends. I was on vacation and stopped at a random gas station going to Las Vegas and some guy was like "don't you just love DG?!?" and i was like "excuse me?" (I had completely forgotten i had that shirt on), and he says "your shirt, you must disc golf" and i finally got what he was talking about lol.

Granted, i don't have many fish shirts, but when i do wear them, no one seems to ever pay any mind.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

I have never even had a reaction when I've worn my Rocky Horror Picture Show T. It has Riff Raff on it giving that sexy look.

I did have a reaction from a lady at the supermarket when I was wearing my gay rights T. It's very subtle. It has a pic of several sheep in a line and one is rainbow colored. The girl said, I like your T shirt. I said thanks.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Filip

I never had an fish T shirt but I would gladly wear it if I ever get one .
    I'm a sucker for noticing and reading People T-shirts and I appreciate when somebody wears something that caries message or something personal on it .
    I doubt too that someone would recocignise anything else than Goldfish on my t shirt but it would be really cool if that happens randomly and out of the blue .

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Hmm I guess... Probably like that server at the Brewery looked at us that time when we talked fish?
    I must have enjoyed the beer tasting more than you, I don't remember that.

Ummm... so Keith??? I just gotta to ask.... Why is there no fish on the NADA 2018 shirts? I honestly didn't notice until I got home...but it's a fair question.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    Ummm... so Keith??? I just gotta to ask.... Why is there no fish on the NADA 2018 shirts? I honestly didn't notice until I got home...but it's a fair question.
    You have to look closer, they're riding in the roller coasters and on the ferris wheel.

I wasn't nearly as involved in the NJ t-shirt design as I was in the Chicago one. Come to the next show and I'll make sure that t-shirt has at least one discus on it. I've got a little more say in things than I did the NJ show.
    President - North American Discus Association

You have to look closer, they're riding in the roller coasters and on the ferris wheel.

I wasn't nearly as involved in the NJ t-shirt design as I was in the Chicago one. Come to the next show and I'll make sure that t-shirt has at least one discus on it. I've got a little more say in things than I did the NJ show.
    Ha ha ha!!! Creative answer!!! Those fun loving fish friends! I was just curious. Coney Island brings back fond memories for me. I’ll take it!
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Real Name
    Patty

Well that’s good to know. I’m hoping I can attend the next one. I vote for a big discus on the front and 1 big discus on the back-one wild, one domestic. Not that we get to vote or anything.
    I’ve worn my SD tee shirt around town and no bites/comments even at the fish store. I started wearing it to the airport when I traveled on vacation thinking somewhere along the way with lay overs, baggage claims, etc someone would comment, but not once from Florida, Chicago, Seattle, Alaska, Detroit.
    I guess I’ll just go to NADA to actually meet another discus lover, but that’s why I want a big discus on it.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

I must have enjoyed the beer tasting more than you, I don't remember that.
    2018-08-03 17.20.16.jpg

Maybe ..maybe not.
    al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com