ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally starting to learn to watch Rams

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Finally starting to learn to watch Rams

I have a lot of parent raising this year . Not sure how it all falls into place .
    3 years ago I would have said if I did not artificially hatch I would not have rams .
    2 years ago I would have said I saw parents raise fry no more times then I can count on one hand .
    Last year they started getting funky and tricking me . Maybe I was slacking maybe they really are sneaky fish ?
    I have a hard time saying any change I make for a pair really has any effect as the pair progresses naturally and my changes may have no effect at all.
    I just do the same thing all the time …
    One of my 'Discus gang" people declared yesterday that I have won the breeding competition that did not exist for the disc !
    Funny is I feel like saying there are only a few fry or something I hear people trying rams always say ! I am grateful to have patience and excellent role models whenever I keep fish and wherever I share and learn about them ..

Who is Mike T. Pat ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
    I have a lot of parent raising this year . Not sure how it all falls into place .
    3 years ago I would have said if I did not artificially hatch I would not have rams .
    2 years ago I would have said I saw parents raise fry no more times then I can count on one hand .
    Last year they started getting funky and tricking me . Maybe I was slacking maybe they really are sneaky fish ?
    I have a hard time saying any change I make for a pair really has any effect as the pair progresses naturally and my changes may have no effect at all.
    I just do the same thing all the time …
    One of my 'Discus gang" people declared yesterday that I have won the breeding competition that did not exist for the disc !
    Funny is I feel like saying there are only a few fry or something I hear people trying rams always say ! I am grateful to have patience and excellent role models whenever I keep fish and wherever I share and learn about them ..

Who is Mike T. Pat ?
    Tom, Mike is a dear friend who is the first guy in the US to breed wild altum angels. It took him seven years to perfect both the breeding and raising of the altum fry. Truly a passionate and dedicated hobbyist.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Tom, Mike is a dear friend who is the first guy in the US to breed wild altum angels. It took him seven years to perfect both the breeding and raising of the altum fry. Truly a passionate and dedicated hobbyist.
    Pat
    Nice ! Ask him if he would want some darks to work on !
    I do my best to put them in good breeders hands .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123