AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: what is your main job.

Registered Member wesleydnunder's Avatar

Default Re: what is your main job.

I've worked in the electrical and electronics fields since 1974. After six years as a Navy ET I taught Electronics Technology at post secondary and proprietary levels in AAS degree programs. After that it was back into pushing trons for 25 more years. Almost 3 years ago I became an Electrical Inspector for the city of Texas City.

I hunt, fish, golf, play guitar and enjoy my two lovely granddaughters.
    What are the facts? Again and again and again, what are the facts? ...and to how many decimal places? We navigate always into an unknown future. Facts are our only clue. Robert A. Heinlein

Nurse...Been working for the health department for 4 years now. I play the guitar on my spare time...after I cook, clean, do laundry, play with my daughter, and ofcourse...do WC on my tanks...whew! I need to get me a wife! :

I work as Loss Prevention for Kmart. :P Im also a full time student working on my criminal justice degree

150Gl Discus Tank ( 14 discus 4-6 inch, 4 2inch)
    55Gl Angel Tank
    My Anti Drug

I like many other people here am also, in tech. I am an Systems Administrator, funny many Discus have some weird thing with tech people. Someone should do a study!!

Registered Member 90 Gallons of Fun's Avatar

Hi All,

I am an AVP and Manager at a Premium Finance Company. Basically we give loans to businesses to pay for their insurance policies. Our loans range from small business loans of $500 to large corporation loans of $10 million. It is really a nitch business that many would have never heard of or thought of. 14 years ago when I started here, I had no clue such a business existed.

Rich

I'm a firefighter/emt. I am current in the process of completing paramedic school and still also in progress on my AS in fire science.

I'm also an IT guy. I've been in IT for the last 29 years. Started out on a helpdesk, then a senior network engineer. Current job is a senior IT project manager specializing in infrastructure and disaster recovery projects. Hobbies include church work, RV camping, music, swimming and of course fresh water aquariums. Love those discus...

I have two kids ages 8 and 12 that also keep me busy.
    Last edited by gwrace; 04-06-2010 at 11:15 PM.

I'm a heavy truck mechanic. It's tough, filthy work, but pays the bills pretty well!

I have been getting paid for 9 years to look at baseball cards all day long. I love my job!!!

I'm a Branch Sales Manager and Home Mortgage Consultant for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Have been in this business and related for 20+ years. Seen it all! Happy to say I never got involved in any of that sub-prime/negative amortizing "stated" income garbage. Still here and still happy.
    My planted, 72 gal, discus tank:
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=74968

Structural engineer at an offshore mooring/subsea services company. Graduated with a degree in Ocean Engineering in '08 from Texas A&M. Whoop!

/Wish I could remember more of fluid dynamics for my new filter setup...

Odd...I thought I replied to this thread...Nice to see some insight on the people here

Name's Aaron. I'm a teacher and photographer here in Victoria, British Columbia. When I was younger all I wanted to do was be an actor. Got a double major in Drama/Communication Studies from the University of Windsor. Afterwards, got into behind the scenes stuff and got a film diploma from Sheridan. After working in Vancouver's film industry for 3 years, I moved to Victoria, got my B.Ed and am now teaching drama and visual art.

I still own a growing photo business, but every time I have moved (which has been a lot), I lose my clientele. If you're interested, you can check out my portfolio at rhymes with orange photography.

I think if I could do it all again, I'd get into marine biology. This hobby has really opened my eyes to a lot of things. I've learned so much about water chemistry, biology, habitats, etc. that I never otherwise would have experienced.

Cheers!
    -Aaron

I stopped pursuing a degree in criminal justice almost 3 years ago to become a stay at home mommy.
    I have 2 girls ages 1 & 3.
    Melissa

Just be yourself. The people who matter, won't mind.
    And the people who mind, won't matter.

SCmamma, Hope you can continue on with your degree someday!
    My main job...WC's! LOL
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I write software for a living, love it and been doing it since 1981. I work for a large defense contractor so mainly write software to support simulation and training systems for the Army and Navy. Currently I'm writing system software for a first generation ATE system.

I'm a tomboy at heart and love to fish, dive and use to hunt with my dad. I'm currently into horses, reef tanks and soon discus. I have had both fresh and saltwater aquariums off and on since I was a kid. I have one daughter who graduated in May with an engineering degree and she just started her first professional job today. Proud of her. Someday I hope she will make me a grandma.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast