ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: What does Levimasole HCI look like?

Default What does Levimasole HCI look like?

I have used vermisol before and it was a white powder looked like flour to me. I ordered some Levimasole HCI off of aquabid and the stuff looks like crystals something like salt.
    My wife names my fish

Default Re: What does Levimasole HCI look like?

from what i understand..

Vermisol.. has fillers.. and Levimasole HCI is pure..

correct if i am wrong..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by warlock4169 View Post
    from what i understand..

Vermisol.. has fillers.. and Levimasole HCI is pure..

correct if i am wrong..
    No I think you are right was just wondering what the stuff should looks like
    My wife names my fish

i never looked at my LEVI. HCI.. i just added the distilled water. sorry
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member

The Levamisole HCL I get is in the form of a somewhat sandy-textured powder. Grittier than sugar, not as gritty as filter sand. I get it from my Farmer's Co-op. It is actually made for goats, however, it is the purest I can get here in deepest darkest Arkansas. It dissolves thoroughly in water, leaving almost no sediments. Perfect for putting in the tank without having to strain for sediment. It doesn't even change the water clarity.

Registered Member

I bought pure levamisole from "Loaches Online" a couple of weeks ago. It was almost powder, or very fine sugar. You buy it by the gram. 1 gram treats 100 gallon. You have to "eyeball" the med and divide it according to the size of your quarantine tank, but it is really easy to do. I have a 20 gal quarantine tank, so I divided the med into 5 equal doses using a razor blade and bagged the individual doses and labeled them. 1 gram costs $5.00 and that includes shipping. Not bad. I don't know how to highlight their site on here so you can just click on it, sorry. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayLadyPat View Post
    The Levamisole HCL I get is in the form of a somewhat sandy-textured powder. Grittier than sugar, not as gritty as filter sand. I get it from my Farmer's Co-op. It is actually made for goats, however, it is the purest I can get here in deepest darkest Arkansas. It dissolves thoroughly in water, leaving almost no sediments. Perfect for putting in the tank without having to strain for sediment. It doesn't even change the water clarity.
    Is the color of the levamisole like salt?
    My wife names my fish

Quote Originally Posted by bbhill View Post
    I bought pure levamisole from "Loaches Online" a couple of weeks ago. It was almost powder, or very fine sugar. You buy it by the gram. 1 gram treats 100 gallon. You have to "eyeball" the med and divide it according to the size of your quarantine tank, but it is really easy to do. I have a 20 gal quarantine tank, so I divided the med into 5 equal doses using a razor blade and bagged the individual doses and labeled them. 1 gram costs $5.00 and that includes shipping. Not bad. I don't know how to highlight their site on here so you can just click on it, sorry. Hope this helps.
    I bought mine off aquabid and think I got screwed. The place I bought it from had about 10+ meds up for auction and within days after I bought mine they pulled all there auctions off and I don't see them on there anymore. I went by the directions on the package and within 15 minutes my two rays were going nuts. I did a large WC as fast as possible but ended up loosing one of them. The other one survived because I jerked it out and threw it in another tank with clean water but it was floating on its back when I found her.
    My wife names my fish

Registered Member

I have to correct myself about my above post. I got all my info from Loaches Online, but actually ordered the Levamisole from "thechemicalsource" on Ebay. Sorry!

ouch.. i got mine from joe gargas
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by warlock4169 View Post
    ouch.. i got mine from joe gargas
    That is who I was told to get it from but didn't. I did a treatment with the vermisol and was going to do a follow up treatment a week later but ran out so I had to order more. I am not sure what they sold me and why this placed pulled all of its other auctions off line.
    My wife names my fish

When it comes to purchase chemical/meds, always buy them from reliable sources. Even it costs you few dollars more but you know it's pure and it'll save you lot of headache. Personally, I'd never purchase anything from ebay. You could get sodium chloride granules instead of lavimasole. Be careful next time. If you're in doubt, then do not use it to be safe than be sorry. If you really want to use it, then try to treat only one least favorite fish (I'm evil here).

Real Name
    Christopher G

What is levimasole hci? What is it used for? Also where can I purchase pure metronidazole?

Quote Originally Posted by blueluv View Post
    What is levimasole hci? What is it used for? Also where can I purchase pure metronidazole?

Levamisole here:
    http://www.jefferspet.com/product.as...2-pi&camid=liv

Metronidazole here:
    http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-sup...le-powder.html
    -Ismael