ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any recommendations where you guys get your fish?

Registered Member

Default Re: Any recommendations where you guys get your fish?

I live in Sherman Oaks CA and I've bought from Kenny Cheung a few times and have NEVER been disappointed. Phenomenal service, product and GREAT guy. I highly recommend him!

Some sponsors have are no longer here because they do most of their sales on Facebook or sell locally. Others have left because the quality of the fish turned from excellent to bad, the buyers posted reviews with pic and we dumped them. Once the fish from a certain supplier were of superb quality but carried a devastating disease. This affected me once and another member. I won't go into it but it was devastating. We told the story here and they were promptly dumped. If you get bad fish from a sponsor you should document it in the reviews section. Otherwise nobody knows about it and you stew in your own disappointment.

I didn't want to suggest a sponsor because it would seem like I was playing favorites. In your case I would suggest Kenny. He has been a sponsor for many many years. The quality of his fish has always been good. The fish have unfailingly been clean.

Since you are very wary, which I understand, and you live in CA I would suggest Kenny. Dennis has also had great reviews but Kenny has a long record of integrity. And that's all I have to say about that.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    . If you get bad fish from a sponsor you should document it in the reviews section. Otherwise nobody knows about it and you stew in your own disappointment..
    Is this directed at me? If it is you have characterized me and my situation incorrectly.
    Let me clarify: I do not use the forum any longer to make my decisions on who I buy from because I have found my own experiences inconsistent with others in regard to "recommended sponsors".
    I should have made a review? To what end? So that I could be told that I am the only one with such experiences? Nah, I tend to stay away from circular arguments-they always end up in the same place.

I take partial responsibility-- I had ample opportunity to look for better quality, but I kept buying...
    We live and learn.

Yes it was. I suppose it was uncalled for. Sorry. I did think that the OP was from CA. I was incorrect.
    Mama Bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12