AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Second Annual Discus Hobbyist Challenge

Default Re: Second Annual Discus Hobbyist Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    HI all,
    Yesterday I shipped out 4 sets of contest fish.. A quick check this am at Fedex shows me that they are all at their destination sorting facility or already being held for Pickup.... won't be long now.

The last set of fish is scheduled to go out on Monday... and then the real fun begins.

-al
    Al
    I can't imagine how you have done all of this, I would be in a right twist! I know you have heard it a thousand times already but your hard work is noticed and I am sure it is appreciated by all. Thanks so much for all the time you are spending sending all these new babies out to the challenge people it makes for VERY interesting reading for the rest of us too!
    Cheers Kath

Kath,
    I am in knotts and will be till its over

I just had my first issue... A fedex station called me to tell me that they could not accept shipping payments with out a COD form..
    That they could not get me the money with that form... and I had to explain....its just for the shipping and the money paid stays at fedex!

Obviously..the agent there did not know what they were talking about.. Its done all the time...I'm waiting for a call back from them..I suggested they call someone who knows how to handle this... I think the issue stems from this station being a Kinko's... but it really should not matter since they are Fedex Now.... When I told him I have done this years and that its very common....I got the"well I have been here 10 years and never had one like this."

anyhow...thats my agida for the day!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Al,

Fedex is a funny place....when Norm went to pick up my fish, he had to argue with the person at the counter that he had not paid for the package and that it was a COD package. He didn't want any charges going back to you so this held him up by a half and hour until a supervisor finally straigthen things out. This must have been one of those 10 year employees again Hope that all gets straighten out and the fish are okay

Registered Member

Hey Al,

My guess is that these were my fish? When they called to tell me they had arrived, I asked them if I could pay with a credit card. I was told that all I had to do was sign and they don't do a hold for pickup if there is a charge due. When I got there I asked again and told them that I was supposed to pay for the shipping and the insisted I was wrong. Let me know what we should do. If you want to pm me your phone number I can call you. Maybe I should run back out there and argue with them some more.

Kirk

Registered Member

is it too late to enter as a contestant...
    can i be the 1 late entry?

GL all.

I think the issue stems from this station being a Kinko's... but it really should not matter since they are Fedex
    Kinko's is 20 minutes from my house. The nearest fedex center is over an hour. I was going to take NO chances with this package. I drove the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkp View Post
    Hey Al,

My guess is that these were my fish? When they called to tell me they had arrived, I asked them if I could pay with a credit card. I was told that all I had to do was sign and they don't do a hold for pickup if there is a charge due. When I got there I asked again and told them that I was supposed to pay for the shipping and the insisted I was wrong. Let me know what we should do. If you want to pm me your phone number I can call you. Maybe I should run back out there and argue with them some more.

Kirk
    Nope you make two. Kinkos needs to get their act together. I had to argue with them with Jims shipment and they finally called someone higher up that told them how to handle the charge. At least The station where Jim got his at called me about the order before he even got there.... afterall thats why theres a spot for the shippers telephone number....

oh well...minor glitch at least the fish are there safely... I'll probably get an invoice in the mail and we can square up then.
    -al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

^ You never got an invoice on that COD shipment to me and that was over a year ago. I wouldn't argue with them about it; if they don't want to take money from you, just pick up the box and go. If Al gets an invoice, you can always PayPal the money to him. Otherwise, hey, free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Smith View Post
    ^ You never got an invoice on that COD shipment to me and that was over a year ago. I wouldn't argue with them about it; if they don't want to take money from you, just pick up the box and go. If Al gets an invoice, you can always PayPal the money to him. Otherwise, hey, free shipping.
    yep!

-al

ps.. Ryan I wouldn't have told you if I did.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I wouldn't leave until they took my money, I think the line growing longer behind me helped them make up their mind.
    Wasn't going to let Al get stuck !
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Kath,
    I am in knotts and will be till its over

I just had my first issue... A fedex station called me to tell me that they could not accept shipping payments with out a COD form..
    That they could not get me the money with that form... and I had to explain....its just for the shipping and the money paid stays at fedex!

Obviously..the agent there did not know what they were talking about.. Its done all the time...I'm waiting for a call back from them..I suggested they call someone who knows how to handle this... I think the issue stems from this station being a Kinko's... but it really should not matter since they are Fedex Now.... When I told him I have done this years and that its very common....I got the"well I have been here 10 years and never had one like this."

anyhow...thats my agida for the day!

-al
    Al

Bloody forms and red tape always gets stuffed up by someone! Hope you will get ontop of it all and be able to relax a bit... Hey maybe you should visit Darren and have a rum and go to work with him lololol ....hard for some eh?

Same thing happened to me though I am sure we all have stories but yours are like 20 times over and over again! Glad its not me! I'll be thinkin of ya tho!.
    Cheers Kath

Al,

This is exactly why I changed my shipment address at the last minute. Rather than go through a facility that I wasn't sure about, I went with a true FedEx station. I was too nervous to trust a place that was questionable, yet 5 minutes from my house. I drove the extra 25 minutes for piece of mind. Glad the shipments all arrived safely!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just want to say that this has Challenge has already been a wonderful learning experience for me. I acquired my first discus, 6 2.5" juvies, about a month ago, and I have another group of 6 on order. It is really helpful to me to follow along with the challengers as you grow out your fish.
    The Challenge fish are simply gorgeous and it looks like everyone is doing a wonderful job with them.
    Thanks Al, Forrest, and Kenny and all others who put this project together.
    Thanks to the Challengers for sharing your experiences and for the great photos and videos of your growing fish.
    My fish thank you too!

bluwaters,

I'm glad to hear that this effort has been a great learning experience for you. I too am learning what others do through their well documented grow out protocols.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up Re: Second Annual Discus Hobbyist Challenge

All,

I just wanted to say that I am so impressed by this Second Annual Discus Challenge. I feel that everyone is doing such an amazing job in raising their fish and keeping up with the updates. Its really really impressive and I wanted to thank all the contestants for the time they are putting into this, in making it a awesome learning experience for everyone!

Take care and best of luck to all of you!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast