ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you up to today?

Default Re: What are you up to today?

I go to Florida for 7 days; I do a big water change today on my two 75 gallon tanks and last night was the 32 gallon and 2 X 20 gallons. The sitter will feed preset portions every other day. I have cameras to monitor and backup heaters that I can turn on remotely if I have a heater go. I can monitor the temperature of all the tank from my phone. Plus my sitter lives next door and takes care of the house and all the animals The only issue would be if I have a power outage, I am not there to start the generator.

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    How long will you be gone, Chuck. I never go anywhere for more than a few days. I do a big WC before I leave, turn off the tank lights and just leave the fish without needing any care.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyc11 View Post
    I go to Florida for 7 days; I do a big water change today on my two 75 gallon tanks and last night was the 32 gallon and 2 X 20 gallons. The sitter will feed preset portions every other day. I have cameras to monitor and backup heaters that I can turn on remotely if I have a heater go. I can monitor the temperature of all the tank from my phone. Plus my sitter lives next door and takes care of the house and all the animals The only issue would be if I have a power outage, I am not there to start the generator.
    Sounds like you have everything planned and covered Chuck! Have a great trip!
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Dave

Today is work until 3:00 PM (I start at 06:30 teleworking), will then get ready and take my youngest to violin lessons at 4:30 PM and will spend the rest of the evening relaxing a bit.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Real Name
    Jake

Today started off a little dreary. It's overcast and raining this morning.

Luckily it's supposed to brighten up in a few hours and tonight the wife and I will be going to a play where our friend is a lead role!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaticNerd View Post
    Today started off a little dreary. It's overcast and raining this morning.

Luckily it's supposed to brighten up in a few hours and tonight the wife and I will be going to a play where our friend is a lead role!
    Sounds like fun! Great of you guys to support your friend Jake.

We were supposed to take a sail boat on the CT River today, its an education time period trip but it got cancelled for rain.My wife's birthday present to me. Luckily they rescheduled for tomorrow. The ship is the Onrust

https://ctrivermuseum.org/onrust/

Hoping to see and photo some eagles from the ship.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

I spent lots of my time sailing the LI sound. Enjoy Al!,
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Real Name
    Dave

Having coffee, then going to laser hair removal on my upper legs (medical reasons not cosmetic), coming home to grab my wife, and we are going to the Pendleton Oregon underground for a tour. If I am lucky I will have time to put on one of my kilts, but I think it will be shorts and a sport shirt.

Brought my new bike in the house (wife was not impressed).... 2023 Bianchi Infinito with Di2 (electronic shifting), upgraded handlebars (35mm diameter carbon fiber).. I ordered it when I paid off the house a year ago, and yes you could buy a used car for what I paid for the bicycle.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

I'd love to see a pic of your bicycle, Dave. How does carbon fiber feel compared to steel. I once had a Klein aluminum frame. It was very stiff as advertised but not as comfortable as my chrome moly frame from Fuji. I actually had a dream about that racing bike last night.
    Mama Bear

Today started as a lovely relaxing day. I love day's with no stress because when things go wrong I stress out. My neighbor suggested a new supermarket to me. It's just a couple miles farther than the one I've been using which became worse than it once was. They got a mew manager. They not friendly anymore and they have fewer and fewer things that I like to buy. The new one that I went to this morning is in an even smaller town than my old one. The employees are very nice. They great you and ask if they can help you find anything. They had all the stuff I was looking for except firm tofu. I talked to the manager and he said that he'd get it in for me. Can't ask for more than that. I got home, broke down my chicken leg quarters and made chicken stock out of the legs and vacuum sealed and froze the thighs.

Then I tried to print the 3 shipping labels for fish I have going out Monday and Wednesday. My tech smart neighbor came down and set it up for me and printed a recipe I wanted to make. So I went down (my computer and printer live in the fish room) to print invoices. The thing wouldn't print. It just sat there. It doesn't show an error. When I tried to fix it it said that it was ready. I had to put off my understanding customers for a week after my old printer was killed by a lightning strike. My smart neighbor up the road isn't home. I texted him to come help ASAP and contacted my poor customers and offered them their money back. I don't think I've ever more frustrated and disgusted with technology in my life.

All I'm doing now is doing my best to chill out. Being in the fish room always helps. Going out to my garden is relaxing too but my handicapped scooter is still charging. I've fed Charlotte, my old horse lunch and fed the Discus and Ram juvies lunch. Now I'm hanging in the fish room drinking beer. Things will get better. They always do except for my damn back.

Sorry for the *****, folks. I needed to get it out to help me feel better.
    Mama Bear

Life is wonderful once again. I go semi crazy when I can't meet my obligations. It was my wonderful neighbor. He'd been out fishing and called me when he got back home. I could tell that he was tired. He said he was going to take a shower and take a nap. He told me what to do over the phone. I was so used to failing I thought that I wouldn't be able to do it. But I did it. Invoices printed and life is good once again. I know that things turn around with time (except for my back condition) but once things get terrible I feel like they'll stay terrible forever. I guess it's a problem for a shrink.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by dagray View Post
    Having coffee, then going to laser hair removal on my upper legs (medical reasons not cosmetic), coming home to grab my wife, and we are going to the Pendleton Oregon underground for a tour. If I am lucky I will have time to put on one of my kilts, but I think it will be shorts and a sport shirt.

Brought my new bike in the house (wife was not impressed).... 2023 Bianchi Infinito with Di2 (electronic shifting), upgraded handlebars (35mm diameter carbon fiber).. I ordered it when I paid off the house a year ago, and yes you could buy a used car for what I paid for the bicycle.
    Dave, you have to post a pic.

Real Name
    Tom

Well I did clean the 2discus tanks yesterday. Got 2 more done today so all that’s left is the shrimp tank. I’ll do that on Tuesday. It’s pouring here and we’re heading out to see my mother in law. Going to stay there till Monday. Hoping the rain lets up a bit.

Real Name
    Francis

Babysitting my friend’s birds for five days Saturday thru Wednesday in Vancouver.

IMG_0750.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by seanyuki; 05-20-2023 at 08:49 PM.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

The poor son of a gun suffers from MCS (multiple cage syndrome)
    Mama Bear

Better than MTS. This what I did Friday to prep for vacation.

water change

20230519_182854_Original.jpeg

But where does the water go?

Just Call Me Chuck

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast