Quote Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
    crappie, right?
    where at?
    yep crappies,
    where... Minnesota..

Real Name
    Ryan

Default Re: Do you like FISHING!

Crappie season is just beginning here in KS. cant wait to get on the water. Walleye has been goid this year.
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Real Name
    Casey

i just trolled this thread. I have a fish pic or two i'll share tonight. I'm at work and don't have them with me. I love fishing. It's been one of my life's passions. I have been all over the US and to a few other countries fishing. It's cool to see there are some fellow tanglers on here.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! - Hunter S Thompson

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Lido View Post
    i just trolled this thread.
    I see what you did there.... Oh and photo is from a trip out to the gulf stream last year.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Casey

IMG_0489.JPGIMG_0338.jpgIMG_0340.jpgIMG_0492.jpg

We have a cabin in the Eastern Sierra Mountains and I have some bonefishing pics from Riviera Maya I will post when I am home. These are a few recent ones from my phone.
    Last edited by Lido; 02-22-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! - Hunter S Thompson

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    I do a lot of ice drinking....I mean ice fishing with the boys....
    I've sen some very interesting ice fishing set ups with cabins and all, but l like the simplicity of yours. Thanks for sharing the pics

]IMG_0338.jpg

We have a cabin in the Eastern Sierra Mountains and I have some bonefishing pics from Riviera Maya I will post when I am home. These are a few recent ones from my phone.
    Those yellowtail sure pull hard don't they....They're not too bad on the chew either.

Is there anyone on here from Hawaii?? My wife and l are doing a trip there early June and will be chartering a boat out from Kona for a spot of marlin fishing.
    Would like some information on things to see and do in Honolulu and the big Island
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    I see what you did there.... Oh and photo is from a trip out to the gulf stream last year.

What were you chasing Matt? and how did you do?

Real Name
    Casey

oh yeah, Yellowtail pull a bit. I live in Southern California so YT are one of the major species we catch locally. I probably caught 50 or more last year. It was a really good Yellowtail year. You Aussies get the big ones, call them "kingfish" right? I think yours are probably double the size of ours.. The average here is 25-30lbs a "monster" is 40+lbs

My favorite fish to catch is White Seabass though. Marlin are ok, Tuna are fun but back breakers... dorado/mahi can take it or leave it unless it's super light tackle... A good 50lb seabass on the edge of the kelp forest, now that 'il get your heart pumpin!

I also like to dive, spear, hand catch spiny lobsters... Well, i'm pretty much a fish-o-holic... anything to get me close to them i'm good with.
    Last edited by Lido; 02-22-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

I took the boat out for a fish early this morning and had a great time kicking back watching the sun rise. The fishing was pretty good as well. I picked up a nice feed of pinkie snapper for my family but cant go past eating fresh squid for dinner tonight.
    I love to release fish, but l love keeping a feed every now and then...nothing beats fresh fish, especially when you caught it.

Anyone been out for a fish lately?

17309763_10154829626865266_2962363189816329981_n.jpg

IMG_9456_resized.jpg

17155440_10154805915195266_5048682694182952533_n.jpg

IMG_0489.JPGIMG_0338.jpgIMG_0340.jpgIMG_0492.jpg

what is the first fish? the big one?

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

The fishing club that l'm a member of held their 'Kids Squid Day' event yesterday, and it was a great success.
    The idea was to get kids out on a boat to enjoy time out on the water and hopefully catch some squid. We picked a well know location where we just knew the kids would not be disappointed. We stopped fishing at midday and held a bbq and presented each of the kids with a participation prize. Its great seeing kids out on the water enjoying themselves, and the look on their faces when they're hooked up....priceless

1-DSCN3059.JPG

1-DSCN2971.JPG

1-DSCN2990.JPG

1-DSCN2992.JPG

1-DSCN3028.JPG

1-DSCN3033.JPG

1-DSCN3040.JPG

1-DSCN3041.JPG

1-DSCN3050.JPG

is catching squid easy like catching pan fish in a pond? and do you eat them when they are that big? and do they put up a fight?

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
    is catching squid easy like catching pan fish in a pond? and do you eat them when they are that big? and do they put up a fight?
    Hi Jack. Catching squid can be easy on some days and harder on others. Finding them is not that difficult once you find weeded sea beds, then it's a matter of trying different colored squid jigs until you find the one that works best on the day. You can sometimes see them under the boat, and drop the squid jig down to them and see them attack it, which is real neat.
    The bigger ones put up alot more resistance, but you have to use a bit of finesse not to tear the jig out of them while bringing them to the boat, then you have to dodge being squirted by their ink. The smaller ones are not as tough when eating, and a real treat at our place. I also use squid for bait when chasing other species in the bay, so none of it ever gets waisted.

This is an example of the squid jigs we use...they come in many sizes and colors. The ones that usually work for us are dark colors and around 4 inches long

658_2.jpg
    Last edited by two utes; 03-19-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Hey Joe,
    Found a few old pics from 2010 from Opening day with my kids, Becky and Ethan. Thought you might get a kick out of them. Note the Hats. Mal had sent it to Them.

IMGP3533 by Al Sabetta, on Flickr

IMGP3530 by Al Sabetta, on Flickr

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast