AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Discus ID help please

Registered Member

Question Discus ID help please

Hello,

I haven’t posted on here in a very long time, though I lurk pretty regularly. . Now, I’ve decided to try my hand at discus again and need help IDing a couple of them. I bought these two on separate occasions at Petco where they are just labeled as ‘various.’ I’d like to know what strains they are just to satisfy my own curiousity.

This one was about 2” when I bought him a few months ago, but is now about 3.5-4”. When he’s not showing his stress bars, his sides are pretty much solid blue.

5C39AC97-BAD0-4524-B5B6-BB736B349BFF.jpg

I purchased this one about 6 weeks ago and he is only about 2.5”. This fish had not been doing well, but is recovering after a recent stint in my hospital tank. I suspect he’s stunted, but he’s kind of cute anyway.

776DE63A-6290-438D-A955-3C90993BAA51.jpg

Any ideas on what strains they are? Sorry for the ‘meh’ pics.

Thank you!
    ~Karen

p.s. I’ve since bought four AWESOME large discus from Chicago Discus, and won’t be buying any from Petco again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Discus ID help please

I'm an amatuer without doubt (with doubt actually lol) but I will take a stab and say cobalt or cobalt cross on the 1st pic, and maybe a red turq or red turq cross on he 2nd. Anyone else?

Registered Member

Default Re: Discus ID help please

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    I'm an amatuer without doubt (with doubt actually lol) but I will take a stab and say cobalt or cobalt cross on the 1st pic, and maybe a red turq or red turq cross on he 2nd. Anyone else?
    Thank you! I think you may be correct on these. I Googled both varieties and came up with very similar fish in both cases.