ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally, 6 wilds to join my 125

Real Name
    Dominic

Default Finally, 6 wilds to join my 125

The time has finally come, I'm finally getting wilds for my 125 on Wednesday. I'm getting 6 adult Rio Nanay discus for a good deal, they've been treated and acclimated to tap along with eating various foods. I've been waiting for about 2 years for this and its finally happening! I will for sure be adding more in the future.

125.jpg

Current stock is around 40 Cardinals, 40 or so Corydoras, 20 Nannostomus Beckfordi, a Whiptail cat and a Farlowella cat.
    My Aquatic Science teacher gave me the nickname "Fish Whisperer" and I didn't get it for nothing!

Real Name
    Phil

Default Re: Finally, 6 wilds to join my 125

That scape is stunning. Great luck w the wilds. I can't wait to see this !!

Care to share your source for the wild discus ? Or feel free to pm me if you prefer

Quote Originally Posted by DomiDiscus View Post
    The time has finally come, I'm finally getting wilds for my 125 on Wednesday. I'm getting 6 adult Rio Nanay discus for a good deal, they've been treated and acclimated to tap along with eating various foods. I've been waiting for about 2 years for this and its finally happening! I will for sure be adding more in the future.

125.jpg

Current stock is around 40 Cardinals, 40 or so Corydoras, 20 Nannostomus Beckfordi, a Whiptail cat and a Farlowella cat.
    That's a great looking tank
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Julian

Love your set up, nice bio-tope. keep the pictures coming pls.
    Last edited by Pardal; 07-29-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Real Name
    Dominic

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    That scape is stunning. Great luck w the wilds. I can't wait to see this !!

Care to share your source for the wild discus ? Or feel free to pm me if you prefer
    I'm getting them from Shawn Flynn, PureFishWorks. He's big in the Apisto game and I have purchased from him before, but he recently got a wild import from Peru and these were some of the fish. I'm so excited!
    My Aquatic Science teacher gave me the nickname "Fish Whisperer" and I didn't get it for nothing!

Registered Member

That looks beautiful.

What's dimension & filtration system of your tank?

Real Name
    Dominic

Thank you

Dimensions are your typical 125, 72 X 18 X 23. Filtration is just an FX6

Real Name
    Dominic

They will get here on Friday instead of today, the wait is killin me!

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Awesome looking scape Dominic. I just realized who you are, we talk back and forth on Instagram, I am jfrip1208. Looking forward to seeing your new discus. where did you get the giant palm frond? is it on the inside or outside of the tank?
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Dominic

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    Awesome looking scape Dominic. I just realized who you are, we talk back and forth on Instagram, I am jfrip1208. Looking forward to seeing your new discus. where did you get the giant palm frond? is it on the inside or outside of the tank?
    Thanks! Yep! I'm in love with your wilds, I know my next wilds down the road will be from John and they might be some of the Tefe Grrens, they're stunning! The palm frond is on the inside. I work at a Botanical garden and we've got a bunch of palm plants, so when they get trimmed, I'll take some fronds.

Real Name
    Tobi

They will look epic in there. Wish I had your scaping skills. Looking forward to the progress
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Real Name
    Tobi

Did you get the fish yet? Dying to see an update on this
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Quote Originally Posted by DomiDiscus View Post
    Thanks! Yep! I'm in love with your wilds, I know my next wilds down the road will be from John and they might be some of the Tefe Grrens, they're stunning! The palm frond is on the inside. I work at a Botanical garden and we've got a bunch of palm plants, so when they get trimmed, I'll take some fronds.
    Love the palm frond idea. I have nothing but different varieties of palms at my house because I don't have the green thumb for other plants lol. I'll definitely have to hang on to some since I always am trimming for aesthetics
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Dominic

Here's a late update I apologize everyone but they're all here safe and sound. Due to shipping being delayed twice my supplier gave me an extra discus for free! Now, first and foremost I was not expecting them to be the size that they are at. I had asked for adults and these are probably around 3-4 inchers. I really cant complain since I got them for a really god deal, but I just don't want the worry of me stunting discus, especially wilds. If anyone can get me some good pointers to food that'd be nice too. They're eating brine shrimp, discus pellets and flakes, but id like to offer more natural foods for them.

Here we go wilds arriving 8-8-17.jpg this is them acclimating, I should've dripped them but I didn't know then and they're all alive. I'm used to plop and drop to be honest.

wilds day one.jpg Here's them about an hour or so out of the bag, fins were damaged, but they have healed nicely since.

wilds 1st day.jpg same day, just later in the day

wilds evening.jpg sorry for the fuzzy image, but here's morning shot

wilds night 2.jpg here's one of my favorite shots so far, a nighttime gathering

wilds full tank.jpg and finally a full tank shot, I know I need a top-off, but I thought I'd share

Here's to the beginning to a "wild" adventure and any and all input is always welcomed!
    I'd like to thank this forum to opening my eyes to the beauty of the wild kings of the Amazon

Real Name
    Amy

Wow! Stunning! Really Love the scaping in this one. They certainly should feel right at home. I'd add beef heart to their diet but I've never had wilds so I'd defer to someone who's kept them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast