ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopping for water storage containers...

Default Shopping for water storage containers...

Hi All:

I've been thinking of upgrading from my 55gal barrel to a 100+ storage container. In my shopping around on the net and Craigslist, this site is the best I've found so far if you consider the free shipping that is on the 100gal. The dimensions were good for me, 23" x 64" as well.

What do you think? Does anyone know of anything better?

http://www.plastic-mart.com/class.php?cat=9

Registered Member

Default Re: Shopping for water storage containers...

Their prices for new storage containers look to be about as good as it gets. If you have the kind of space constraints where a single 23" footprint is what you really, really need, then you might want to consider the 130gal container.

I'd call, for sure, to see what they have to say about actual delivery prices and pickup availability at a facility near you. They seem to be everywhere- Baltimore, for example.

Alternatively, if you have the skills and tools, used food grade blue plastic barrels can be daisy-chained together with uniseals and short lengths of pvc... locally, they're ~$20 each.

If you have the room, I would definetly get the 130 gal for $129.99 w/ free shipping. 30 gallons more and your saving $70. No brainer! Pretty cool site..

Registered Member Imperialdiscus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dlr1961 View Post
    Hi All:

I've been thinking of upgrading from my 55gal barrel to a 100+ storage container. In my shopping around on the net and Craigslist, this site is the best I've found so far if you consider the free shipping that is on the 100gal. The dimensions were good for me, 23" x 64" as well.

What do you think? Does anyone know of anything better?

http://www.plastic-mart.com/class.php?cat=9

We ordered 3, 300 gallon tanks from them and love them.

Their prices were excellent and the service was great. Excellent bunch to deal with.

Thanks.... I'd love to get the 130gal, but only the 100gal has free shipping. I do have two 55gal barrels, but I would need to stack them. Is it possible to "daisy-chain" them together in a vertical position? If so, how could this be accomplished?

Thanks again for your help!
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
    Their prices for new storage containers look to be about as good as it gets. If you have the kind of space constraints where a single 23" footprint is what you really, really need, then you might want to consider the 130gal container.

I'd call, for sure, to see what they have to say about actual delivery prices and pickup availability at a facility near you. They seem to be everywhere- Baltimore, for example.

Alternatively, if you have the skills and tools, used food grade blue plastic barrels can be daisy-chained together with uniseals and short lengths of pvc... locally, they're ~$20 each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibanez540r View Post
    If you have the room, I would definetly get the 130 gal for $129.99 w/ free shipping. 30 gallons more and your saving $70. No brainer! Pretty cool site..

...LOL, I swear it said free shipping earlier...

LOL... I wondered... I thought I scrutinized the different styles and list pretty well, but when you both mentioned it I took another look. I did order the 100gal and hopefully I won't out grow it.

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanez540r View Post
    ...LOL, I swear it said free shipping earlier...

David,
    please let me know how your order work out. I am in the market for more containers, as usual. LoL.I looked at that company in the past and figured shipping was going to be too expensive. Looks like they have lowered prices. Good luck with them.

Kenny

Registered Member

Thanks.... I'd love to get the 130gal, but only the 100gal has free shipping. I do have two 55gal barrels, but I would need to stack them. Is it possible to "daisy-chain" them together in a vertical position? If so, how could this be accomplished?

David
    Vertically? Don't be pullin' my leg, OK?

Definitely kidding, but leave to the mechanically inclined and more talented than me to find a way to make it work!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
    Vertically? Don't be pullin' my leg, OK?

Will do Kenny. I just ordered it yesterday, so I'll let you know.

Best,

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    David,
    please let me know how your order work out. I am in the market for more containers, as usual. LoL.I looked at that company in the past and figured shipping was going to be too expensive. Looks like they have lowered prices. Good luck with them.

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by Imperialdiscus View Post
    We ordered 3, 300 gallon tanks from them and love them.

Their prices were excellent and the service was great. Excellent bunch to deal with.

Good to know...thanks so much!

Kind Regards,

Update:

My 100 gal is arriving 9/25 ahead the original scheduled 10/02 delivery. The rep, Cory, was great and very helpful given they may or may not have them in stock at the time of order, but for $199 and free shipping, I could wait a few weeks. Didn't have to as it turned out.

David
    It could be done, but you would have to build a rack. Otherwise, you could not access the manway. Anyway, let us know the details of your experience with this company. I'm looking for storage tanks myself.
    Darrell

Hi folks,

Just wanted you to know the barrel arrived yesterday and is perferct for my needs given its 23" x 64" dimensions. I'm excited that I won't have to drill the in/out holes for bulkheads and the 5" capped mainway on top is good for me also.

The above will replace my 55gal.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by David Rose; 09-26-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast