AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Anyone have a Pic of a 10?

Default Anyone have a Pic of a 10?

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but can anyone offer a pic of a 10. I know little about judging and I have looked through a lot of these pics offered up for judging. I have been studyig the comments and reviews from Rod. I think it is so interesting seeing, what I think, are such gorgeous fish, but noting all of the things that fall short of perfection.

If there is such a thing, can I see a 10 that all fish of that strain would be compared to?

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Default Re: Anyone have a Pic of a 10?

Your best bet to see gorgeous specimens is to have a look at show discus. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147
    Most class winners and best in show winners score around an 8.

HTH

No kidding. An 8 does the job huh. I'll be darned. Have there been fish out there to score in the 9's and approaching a 10? I was just relating this to gymnastics or figure skating. I figured it was rare, but there were 10's around.

Thanks for the link.

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

The British discus show this year, a score of just a tad over 7.5 was the grand champion. Sometimes 9's or 10's are scored in a particular catergory, but perfection in all catergories i don't think has been achieved yet. Rod

Well then, I guess I have to get busy and will get back to ya when I have a 10.

By the way, Brisabane is the number one place that I have always wanted to visit. I love the Gold Coast and looked into a work visa a few years back to go Brisbane. Beautiful place I hear. Take care Rod.