View Full Version : Basement tank?

discusmatt20
10-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Hey everyone. So i was desiding if i could some how put my tank in either the family room up stairs or down stairs but because of the weight of this tank and all the tanks i already have it will probably have to go in the basement. So all my discus are from kenny and mike beals (im telling you this because sometimes some peoples discus you get from are sometimes shy or not shy), mine seem to be not shy at all currently but when i move them to the basement they will see me at least twise a day or ill try sit down there most of the day after school with the tv on so they will still hear the same sounds exsept not at many people will walk by exsept for me (because ill try and be down there all the time) and when my family comes down for some reason or we have people over.

So i just wanted to know does anyone else have simular conditions with there tank location and maybe have discus from the same people and their discus are not skiddish? I just want to make sure my discus are not going to get skiddish. So if some people could help me out or share how there discus tank are located in there basement and how the discus are not skiddish that would be great. Thanks :)

P.S it will be right in the middle of the basement and not in a little fish room. So its in the open.

Kingdom Come Discus
10-22-2012, 07:02 PM
They will be fine. The more time you can spend with them the better. Bring in visitors when you can. Good Luck!!!!

Bill63SG
10-22-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't belive a certain "source" will acount for shyness or being skittish.

discusmatt20
10-22-2012, 07:29 PM
They will be fine. The more time you can spend with them the better. Bring in visitors when you can. Good Luck!!!!
Ok cool thanks :)

I don't belive a certain "source" will acount for shyness or being skittish.
I have not had this problem this is just what a few people told me last thread and in the past. But Kenny and Mike beals discus are great. No problems at all and could not be happier with them

joanstone
10-22-2012, 07:46 PM
All my discus were skittish at first, but that is definitely not the case anymore. It took them a while to get over it, but when they saw me they generally grew to expect something good to happen/something delicious-freeze-dried and frozen black worms especially. I fed mine very frequently while growing them out so they developed into quite the beggers in no time. Mine are in the basement, but that's where my family room is.

discusmatt20
10-22-2012, 08:06 PM
All my discus were skittish at first, but that is definitely not the case anymore. It took them a while to get over it, but when they saw me they generally grew to expect something good to happen/something delicious-freeze-dried and frozen black worms especially. I fed mine very frequently while growing them out so they developed into quite the beggers in no time. Mine are in the basement, but that's where my family room is.
Ya that was the same with me. My discus were skiddish at the start as well but i was worried that they would do that again because of the difference in the amount of people walking by

joanstone
10-22-2012, 08:36 PM
My house is really quiet (except when my foolish dogs bark) both up and downstairs. My fish still freak on occasion, but that comes from getting startled, not being shy. They do not really see other people much since it's just my husband and me, but they seem to be ok with it when they do.