PDA

View Full Version : Green or Purple discus???

Curt
10-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Are there green colored as in like emerald color discus? An has a purple varient ever been created?

Curt

Eddie
10-29-2012, 09:33 PM
There are some green discus, flachens and there used to be ocean greens. Many claim to have greens or green turqs but its more of how light shows their iridescence. Purple, I guess Forrest mentioned someone working on a fish that showed purple but I haven't seen it.

Cullymoto
10-29-2012, 11:02 PM
I keep an ocean green. She is the largest fish in my tank, I do not have a picture of her on my comp and i am away from home.
I can tell you that she is very BLUE. do a google image search for ocean green or sahpire blue and you have what my fish looks like. very much not green at all, under any light.

Discus-n00b
10-29-2012, 11:10 PM
The older strains of Ocean Green had a green/yellow sheen to them....but they are far from actually green.

camuth8
10-30-2012, 09:30 AM
I also know that somebody made a Violet Reflection. And as Eddie said, the Flachen is probably as close as you can get.

Skip
10-30-2012, 09:41 AM
If u look at a flachen/ocean green next to a cobalt or blue diamond.. U will see it looks more green then blue

Larry Bugg
10-30-2012, 10:08 AM
I have a Stendker Flachen (From NADA 2012 Show) that is what I would call violet. When I asked Hans about it he said the run from green to blue to violet with the majority of them being green.

vicdiscus
10-30-2012, 10:54 AM
I am still working on purple strain but it shows dark blue.

Curt
10-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks a bunch guys I was looking at the Flachen from Hans. And Vic keep in touch with me I would Like to see some of your fish mabye get some culls eventually.

Curt

Skip
10-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks a bunch guys I was looking at the Flachen from Hans. And Vic keep in touch with me I would Like to see some of your fish mabye get some culls eventually.

Curt

hope you get the fish you want.. just know some people don't let their "CULLS" leave their fishroom.. so those "CULLS" do not tarnish the fish rearing/keeping abilities or reputation of the breeder/hobbyist..

Moon
10-30-2012, 06:42 PM

Curt
Why are you looking for culls?

Glenn36
10-30-2012, 07:29 PM
The violet reflection can be very purple, I have a reflection deep that is more purple than blue.

Eddie
10-30-2012, 08:07 PM
just know some people don't let their "CULLS" leave their fishroom.. ..

Sure they do...straight to the garden. LOL

vicdiscus
10-30-2012, 09:31 PM
LOL I don't sell the cull fish to my customers. I do sell good or top quality discus to my value customers.

I would love to share my video about my breeding program. Actually I do not know how to set up you tube. I used take video by my phone or my digital camera.....
I wish someone can help me how to set up You Tube video on my discus.

Curt
10-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Ok no problem. I just was asking for culls because I am also into shrimp. I find it is cost efective to get culls with the good genes to start my colony, and then breed them up. would love to see pics Vic.

Curt