PDA

View Full Version : Aqua clear is now fluval!?

Trier20
11-06-2012, 03:01 PM
I was in the petco the other day and notices that there was a fluval box that had the aqua clear filter in it. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this yet or heard about it? It always makes me nervous when stuff like this happens.

Poco
11-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Aquaclear is part of Hagen Group and Fluval is also one of their brands.

Elliots
11-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Maybe someone switched boxes? I think AQ filter boxes are sealed in plastic. the ones i bought this year were. I do not know about Fluval.

DiscusDrew
11-06-2012, 04:09 PM
No its Fluval Branded, like Poco said its always been the case it was just matter of what they marketed the AQ filter under. Now its being marketed under the name Fluval. Had to pick up two yesterday both were "Fluval" aquaclear filters.

Elliots
11-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Drew, why don't you buy from Kens Fish? I thought I could use two AQ 110s on my tank. Due to re-enforcement from Glasscages only one fits and I bought an AQ 70 (I think) to also fit on the back. That is it, out of room. I had an unopened AQ 110 that I could have returned to Kens but I kept it. It was about $66, no tax, no shipping. I can always use it on my quarrantine 29gal when I set it up. If you bought at your LFS you probably paid 50% more. I would rather hold an extra just in case!

DiscusDrew
11-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Ken Menard is a good friend, all my business is with Ken's fish, these two filters were free (returned present) :) Trust me he lacks no business from me.

seanyuki
11-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Aquaclear and Fluval C series design are total difference and imo Aquaclear more horsepower .....I'm using Fluval C4 for my 20 gallons and imo C4 not recommended for 55 gallons and above.....just my 2 cents.

Trier20
11-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Aquaclear and Fluval C series design are total difference and imo Aquaclear more horsepower .....I'm using Fluval C4 for my 20 gallons and imo C4 not recommended for 55 gallons and above.....just my 2 cents.

Understandable Sean. What I was talkin about was I saw a box in petco that read fluval aqua clear filter. I didn't know that they were apart of the same company.