PDA

View Full Version : Which R/O Unit would you Buy and Use?

Mr.Al
11-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for some honest feedback from the general memebership or sponors when it comes to purchasing a new R/O Unit. I'm looking at 150 gpd to 200 gpd Units, the unit does not need to come with DI or UV units attached, just your basic unit with sediment/micron and carbon filters with booster pump as my local water pressure is ratherwell below 35psi. So does anyone have a brand of R/O Unit that you really like and have use and would strongly recommend for me to look into before purchasing. Thank you for your input and help its great aqppreciate. Mr.Al (Al) Omaha, Nebraska

DiscusLoverJeff
11-08-2012, 04:10 PM
www.filterguys.com

Great people to work with for sure!

Mr.Al
11-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Thank you DiscusLover Jeff, for sharing that information with me. I will certainly be getting in touch with this company. Thanks again, Mr.Al (Al)

Mr.Al
11-09-2012, 02:38 PM
The gentleman called me today in reply to my email and will be talking with him more about the kinda unit I'm looking. Again thank you Jeff, for putting me onto this company, hopefully I will be able to get the unit I'm looking for that was similar to the one I had years ago and provide me with the kinda water I need for my discus. Getting the water right and in the correct parameters is half the battle, the rest is up to doing regular water changes/ tank size and providing a well balanced diet. Thanks again for your help..Al

shoveltrash
11-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Www.buckeyefieldsupply.com
Call & talk to Russ - SUPER customer service. Outstanding - I recommend highly.

Mr.Al
11-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi Jeff, I finally placed a call to the FilterGuys, and after talking over what I needed a price $3262.00 is what he came up for the type of system I would need...I think I will check out a few more places before making a final choice on the unit. I haven't checked Buckeyefieldsupply company, will have to see what they have to offer..OK< later,,take Al

Discusgeo2
11-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I have never purchased one from any vendor I have always built my own using the parts from here. There has never been any other place to go for my replacement filters or parts. Building your own you know what you have and it is simple to do.

http://www.wateranywhere.com/Water_Filtration_Products/index.php?osCsid=3f2eb7546d92d6035265bb79155b429a

shoveltrash
11-18-2012, 07:12 AM
I haven't checked Buckeyefieldsupply company, will have to see what they have to offer..OK< later,,take Al
imho for superior customer service, Buckeye is the way to go!
(speaking from personal experience, I need good customer service as I'm not technically savvy LOL!)

DiscusLoverJeff
11-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi Al,

$3260.00 for an RO unit? How many tanks you have going? Lol Or is this for a store? My unit was under $600.00 for a 300 gpd setup (I paid less as it was used).

Good luck.

stangmus
11-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Try purewaterclub. I have had my unit for 2 years with zero problems.

Mr.Al
11-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi Jeff, Craig Cooper, of the Filterguys came up with this figure of $3262.00 The unit would comprise in how the unit is built and how it is set to treat the local water here in Omaha, concerning my situation. For starters the local water very hard and is high in chlorine and chloramines that the local Water Supply adds to the drinking water. If just using a regular TCF membrane the chlorine will eventually foul and destory the TFC membrane. So in order to address this issue several GAC Carbon filter units would be needed to remove Chlorine and the Chloramines, regular carbon block filters wouldn't do much in removing the Chlorine before the water ever reached the TFC membrane. This doesn't even account for the regular carbon block filter and micron filter. Plus there's the booster pump needed cause the psi here in my house is below 29, so a booster pump is needed in order to make over 100/150 gpd RO water. I hope this explains the situation I'm facing. I eventully plan to use a water softener with the RO Unit, in that way the RO will only have to remove Soduim Ions only and not all the other minerals and chemicals from water. Remember RO units were meant to be used to turn regular seawater into fresh water for the Military to use where little to no fresh water can be found as well as for Research Installations. I hope the information explains a little more on how RO Units can be used...Thanks, Al (Omaha) Oh yes one of the local Mom and Pop Fish Stores offers RO water at 50 cent per gallon, which in the long run can become expensive when doing allot of water changes.